4. Something Is Wrong

Mahi's Pov:

I am sitting on my bed silently. I hope Rabia come soon.
If you ask am I sad?
Then yes,
Absolutely yes, I am sad because Rabia is not here.
I can't explain in words how much she matters to me. I remember it very carefully when we were in high school, we always bicker about each other getting married first.
A chuckle left my mouth.
I sigh.
Time changed so fast. At that time I used to think how excited Rabia
will get on my marriage and how excited I will get on her marriage. Even more than our self
wedding we were excited about each other.
My thoughts get interrupt when my mother entered my room.

"Rabia ki call aayi thi" my mother said.
(Rabia called me)
"Oh, she said she's on her way right! I already knew it. She's a lazy bug.
She always gets late" I said without any pause.
"No Mahi, she said that she can't be able to come, some urgent work came and her father's health is not well" she explained.
"Oh, but why she didn't picked my calls. Atleast she should
had talked to me" I said.
"Beta, vo pareshan hogi isi vajhe se call nahi uthayi hogi dusron ko
samajhne ki aadat daalo. Hamesha apne baare me nahi sochna chahiye" she said.

(Dear, maybe she is stressed that's why she didn't respond to your calls. Learn to understand others emotions as well. Always thinking about your own good is not ok)

"Hmm, but she should had talked to me. Just a lil talk will not take much time." I said.
"Ok stop it now" she scold
"Par ab mujhe mehendi kon lagaega" I said while pouting.
(Now who will put henna on my hand?)
"Your aunt is calling a mehendi artist" she replied.

Time skip

Mehendi function is over and now I'm in my room getting myself fresh.
I wore a white coloured chikankari kurti and pant set.
After that I did my night routine and make myself a cup of coffee before coming back to my room.
I sat on the floor in front of the window through which the moon
is visible or my moon is visible.

Like this is my favourite thing to do sitting in front of the
window of my room with a cup of coffee in my hand, with open hairs, light clothes basically white coz it's my favourite colour, face with no make-up, dark room, moonlight coming in through the window like a lover peek in through the window secretly
to meet his lady love.
Light breeze is hitting my face. And I'm staring at the moon like it's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
And God this moment I can't explain how peaceful I'm feeling rn.
"Moon and me" what a power pack combo.

My school mates and friends often used to tease me by saying that
when I'll get a boyfriend, he'll get jealous of moon coz obviously the way I stare at it I'm not gonna stare
at anyone like that.
It's true. But being honest for me moon is like my lover.

The lover who can love me, comfort me, suport me, heal me without any skinship. And this is the definition of pure love where ones
existence matters only. If he is there everything is ok no matter if
I get to talk with him or not, if I can touch him or not. His existence is enough.
Moon knows all my secret. For the very first time when I felt like I'm in love with Amaan I told the moon about it. And the thing carries on...
Still I sit infront of the moon and share everything with him.

Amaan often told me that I'm boring because I'm overly obsessed with some old things like moon, poetries, flowers, fragrances etc.
I sighed heavily

Suddenly a poetry came in my mind or maybe a poetry came in my heart.
Last time when we all. I, Amaan and all our friends and families went to Faizabad to attend one
of our relative's wedding. I, Rabia, Irfaan and Saif came up with an idea to go for star gazing as Faizabad is a calm and peaceful place, it's not that populated.
You can say it's a village type place. It's not a village but you can say that.
So then they all agreed to go.
We all were laying on the green grass and were looking at the night sky admiring the view.
"Look today there's a full moon" Irfan said excitedly.
"Itna haseen nazaara h, abhi koi shayar hota to ek shayari arz kar deta" I said.

(Such a beautiful sight. I'm sure if there was a poet between us he would have wrote a poetry on it)

Suddenly a voice came....

Teri aankhon ki sahulat ho mayassar jisey,
Woh bhalaa chaand sitarey kahan dekhe ga.

And it was Saif.
"Woahhh" Rabia cheered.
"Believe me man, I was not expecting it" I said.
He just laughed.
"You can pull any girl with these killer lines" Irfaan said while winking.
"Mazak naa udaao mera" Saif replied while glaring.

(Don't make fun of me)

"But Saif, he's right any girl will go gaga on you if you use these
lines. Being a poetry lover I'm so impressed" I said.
"No girl will gonna be impressed with it. Not all girls are old fashioned like you" Amaan said jokingly.
I hit on his arm.

I looked at my cup, my coffee is finished. I put that cup aside and look at my mehendi.
I got surprised. It's bright red now, and it's looking so beautiful.
I grab my phone and clicked it's picture and send it to Amaan.
His name is looking so beautiful on my hand.
I send it to him but there was
only one tick.
I dial his number while smiling as I am so excited.
But my smile dropped as soon as I heard his phone being busy. Whom is he talking to at this hour. I call him once again but still it's busy.
"Leave it" I said while pouting.
I decided to call Rabia.
I want to ask about her father's health.
I dial her number but she is also talking to someone.
With whom she is talking?

I messaged her asking about her father's health and told her to take care of herself.
Then I put my phone on charging and went to sleep.

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Enjoy Reading.