12. Let's Run Away

Mahi's Pov:

I woke up and sat on the bed while trying to stretch my body.
I look around and there is no one in the room.
I remembered what happened last night but I am feeling kinda better after crying my heart out.
I needed someone who can hold me close and will listen to me without judging.
I needed a shoulder to cry on.
And, I got that shoulder yesterday.
My head is hurting, maybe because I cried last night.
I get down but the floor is clear, I threw my phone last night and it scattered on the floor.
Maybe he picked it's pieces and threw them already.
I remember how he wipe my nose with his sleeves.
Unknowingly, a smile crept on my face.
This is the first time I smile after that night which turns my life upside down.

Time skip

After having breakfast I came back in my room and found him half sitting on the bed while leaning on the head post.
His eyes are closed.
He is wearing a blue coloured shirt which is tucked inside his cream colour pants.
When I shut the door he opened his eyes.

"I was waiting for you. Come here." he said.
He was waiting for me! Why?
I came close to him.
"Sit" he said.
I sat on bed infront of him.
I kept looking at him.
"I want to know why you threw your phone last night?"
I keep staring at him.
Should I tell him the reason?
I should.
Maybe he can find a solution of my problem.
After yesterday's night I am in a little peace after knowing that atleast like others he will not judge me.
Atleast he will not laugh at me.
Atleast he will not say that all the things which happened that day is because
of me.
"I will tell you but you have to find a solution of my problem." I said in a low voice.
He nodded.

I took a deep breathe before starting.
"My father called last night. He told me tha..that Rabia and he visited my house, nope my parents house yesterday."
"For what?" He asked.
"For telling a fuking fake story to them." I said in anger.
He furrowed his brows.
I continued.
"My father said that Rabia told him, I already knew about them lik..li..liking each other. But as I like Ama...an I blackmailed Rabia in the name of our friendship and was marrying him forcefully."
After completing this sentence I sniff.
"He said that Rabia invited them in her eng...enn..engagement which is on day after (sniff) tomorrow"
My voice starts breaking.

"And she also told him to bring me with them for sure (hiccup)"
I am trying my best not to cry.
"My father said that as now I am married to you...."
I stopped to prevent myself from crying.
"You can cry in front of me." He said while looking in my eyes.
That's it I burst into tears.
"He said as now I am married to you I should forget all the things that happened and should be happy for my best friend." I said while crying.
"He told me that snatching (hiccup) oth...thers love (sniff) is not good.
He said I shou..ld should apologise to them. And, when I told him that she is lying, it's not true.
I didn't blackmailed anyone.
Amaan himself approached me. But he didn't believe me.

He shouted on me an..nd (sniffs) told me that I am jealous of Rabia."
"You shouldn't have to apologise to anyone" he said.
"He don...don't belie..ve his (hiccup) own daughter (sniffs). Out of frustration I threw my phone." I explained.
He kept listening me.
"So, what's your problem which's solution you are seeking from me?" He asked.
"I don't want to go on their engagement" I said.
"Then don't, no one will force you." He replied.
"But if I will not go, your parents will mind it. I mean they will be upset. They have to face several questions there. When people will intentionally ask them where is there daughter-in-law, what will they answer?
I don't want them to have any trouble." I explained.

"You are right. Lemme think." He said.
After having 15-20 minutes of thinking session he said in a lil hesitation "I have an idea, if you agree."
"Go on" I replied.
"Let's run from here" he said.
"What?" I furrowed my brows.
"No, I mean let's go out of station. Jab hum dono yahan rahenge hi nahi to engagement me kaise jaenge." He said.