7. Being A Burden

Mahi's Pov:

My mother take me to my room.
"Mummy, I can't marry him. I love Amaan" I said while crying.
I thought atleast my mother will understand me but worst I can imagine she too slapped me.

"Shut up! Bohot hogaya tumhara. You ruined our respect in the society. Whoever you are getting married to marry him and leave this house please." She said angrily.
I just kept crying continuously.
"Why me? Why Amaan why! You both betrayed me. You both left me with nothing.
You both destroyed my life." I said to myself while crying silently.
Somehow I maintain to stop myself from crying.
Makeup artist did my touch up and I went downstairs with my mother.
With my every step my heart is breaking into pieces.

(It's enough now)

Saif's Pov:

We were sitting in the living room waiting for Amaan's family.
Then my father got a call from someone and he picked it up.
While talking on phone his expression changed. He become serious
and said "Aaplogon ka dimagh kharab hogaya hai kya? Shaadi hai koi mazak nahi hai"

(Are you in your senses, marriage is not a joke)

After hearing this we all become silent. All of us who were laughing and giggling a minute ago become serious. Then I saw Zareen Aunty (Mahi's mother) and Sajid
Uncle (Mahi's father) coming downstairs with panicked expressions.
My mother asked my father "What's the matter?"
And what he told I couldn't be able to believe it.

First I thought I heard it wrong or maybe it's  a misunderstanding.
I got up from my place and went to the terrace while Mahi's family and others were having convo.
I dialed Irfan's number and asked him to make sure and he said the same.
Irfan told me that, in the
evening when all of them were getting ready Amaan was roaming here and there in his pajamas and was talking on phone continuously.
After sometimes Rabia came with her father and Amaan took them to Aliya Aunty (Amaan's mother) and
then he got to know that Amaan refused to marry.

I still don't be able to believe it. Like why the hell Amaan did this. He loves Mahi, then why?
How can Mahi will tolerate this when she'll get to know about this. She love him insanely.
I decided to call Amaan but he isn't picking it up.
I turned around and my sight fell on the decoration, whole house is decorated so beautifully with so many flowers and lights.
Terrace is glowing in golden coloured light.
This decoration, different types of dishes, all the arrangements they did whole heartedly but Amaan ruined it all.
"Mahi dulhan ban chuki h and here this spoiled brat ruined it all" I said.

As I walked back in the living room my parents approach me.
I didn't knew a big shock was waiting there for me. My father and
mother were looking at each other and then my mother held my
hand and said something which makes my mind stop working.

"Main or tumhare papa chahte hain tum Mahi se nikaah karlo" my mother said.

(I and you father wants you to marry Mahi)

"Haan beta, tum jante ho Amaan ne kya kiya h, Sajid sahab bohot pareshan hain" my father said while looking at me.
(Yes my child, you know what Amaan did. Sajid is very worried)

"Lekin papa how can I marry her all of a sudden. It is not possible. I can't do this, I'm sorry." I said with a shocked expression.
"My dear what's the matter? Mahi is a good girl. I like her very much. Are you refusing because you don't like her?" My mother asked.
"Baat pasand na pasand ki nahi hai mummy , shaadi hai koi khel nahi hai jo kisi se bhi uth ke karlo" I replied annoyingly.

(It's not about likes and dislikes. I want to say that it's marriage not a joke. I can't marry her)

"My child, if you'll do good then good will come to you" my father said.
"Jin betiyon ki baraat nahi aati unse koi shaadi nahi karta. Mere
bachche bachpan se aajtak tum teeno bhai-bahan me main sabse
zyada tumhare naaz nakhre uthae hain. Tumhari har khwahish puri ki hai, aaj tum meri ek khwahish
puri kardo" my mother said.