Chapter 12

"Be quiet, they can't know were following them" Ruby whispered harshly towards Evie and Melody. Ruby had asked Mal and Kai but they both stated it was none of their business and that they should be left alone. But Ruby was too curious for her own good, so when she saw Elias and Harlee sneaking into the woods she sent Leon to follow them while she grabbed the other girls. Melody was in charge of taking the picture while Ruby told Evie about soulmates  suggesting that Elias and Harlee are soulmates.

They watched as Elias taught Harlee how to skate and then watched as they were slowly about to kiss. A branch snapped loudly Evie and Ruby glared towards Melody when the noise startled the couple.

"Sorry, I needed a better angle" She whispered apologetically. A startled yell moved their gazes back to the couple. They all watched in excitement as they got closer and closer to each other.

"This is it" They whispered with excitement, anticipating the kiss. Something snapped and Harlee looked away from Elias. Evie and Ruby glared accusingly towards Melody and she shook her head, her eyes wide.

"That wasn't me" She whispered and they all shared a glance. Someone else was here.

"We should check it out" They heard Harlee say and the trio slowly moved back keeping Harlee and Elias in their view. Trying their best to not step on any branches. Suddenly Mel bumped into something rather someone and she yelped, covering her mouth instantly. Jay, Carlos and Amir froze as Amir had bumped into Mel. They all turned towards each other with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here?" They whispered.

"None of your business" Ruby and Jay said at the same time, glaring at each other.

"We're following Elias and Harlee" Melody and Amir confirmed. The group glared at them.

"Melody" Evie scolded. Melody glanced down with an apologetic smile.

"Dude seriously" Carlos and Jay gave Evan a 'wtf' look and Amir shrugged sheepishly .

"See, I told you there was someone here"

"AHH" The group jumped at Harlee's voice.

Harlee smiled victoriously, looking at Elias smugly while Elias glared at the group in front of them. Melody quickly hid her camera behind her back.

❄️⛄️⛸️⛄️❄️

Harlee POV:

"Oh hey Harlee, Elias. What are you guys doing here?" Ruby said casually. Elias and I shared a glance before looking at them with a deadpan look.

"Were you watching us?" They all seemed to share glances and immediately started shaking their heads.

"No"

"Of course not"

"Just passing through the woods"

"Only a little"

"Maybe"

Jay, Carlos, Evie and Ruby glared at Mel and a red haired boy with hazel eyes that I haven't met.

"Amir, Melody, why were you watching us?" Elias asked them directly. If we wanted information Mel and Amir seemed to be the ones with looser lips. Their eyes widened and before they could get a word. Ruby covered Mel's mouth with her hands and Jay covered Amir's mouth.

"Let them go" I spoke softly but by the glint in my eyes I was doing anything but asking. Ruby and Jay backed off staring at me cautiously "Mel, sweetie, why are you here?" Melody stared at me and shook her head, biting her lip as she tried not to speak. I sighed "Does it have to do with why we went to the library the other day?" Melody shook her head sideways before nodding silently. A flare of anger shot through me looking at Ruby. I specifically asked her to drop it and now she involved the whole group.

"Elias" I smiled in sweetness and he looked at me in surprise. "Let's go back to our date, I want to build a snowman before I end up committing murder"

"Uhh- yeah sure" He stuttered before clearing his throat "Give me a second though" I nodded and walked away, done with the group.

❄️⛄️⛸️⛄️❄️

Elias glared at the group once Harlee had gotten far enough away.

"Are you fucking kidding me? This close to finally kissing Harlee and you six fucked up my chances. Twice!" Elias was incredibly annoyed that he didn't watch what he was saying and his eyes widened in realisation. He almost kissed Harlee, twice! and he didn't mind that thought one bit.

"So you were going to kiss!" Ruby said in victory but at the look in Elias face she shut her mouth.

"You know I told myself that whoever or whatever interrupted my date with Harlee was going to spend time as an ice cube" The group's eyes widened as Elias smiled wickedly, letting his powers flow out of his hands, freezing the entire group. "An hour should teach you not to violate our privacy again" he smiled and walked away.

"So we're on a date?" Elias called as he remembered Harlee's earlier words. Harlee was staring at the frozen lake intently. His teasing smile fell from his lips. "Hey, are you okay?" He moved in front of Harlee placing his hands on her shoulder.

"Do you believe in soulmates?" She asked before she could stop herself. Elias tilted his head in confusion.

"Well, I don't know, maybe. I think that there is a possibility that two people that are perfect for each other, made for each other and devoted to one another" Elias said thoughtfully. Harlee peered at him through her lashes.

"Don't you think it's constricting? I mean fate forcing two people together"

"I don't think it's forcing them together, I would think fate is being highly suggestive" He gave a small laugh before continuing "Besides they're meant to be together for a reason right? It might mean that their souls touched before their hearts did" Harlee nodded, maybe she should look at that book she had taken about soulmates from the library.

"Why do you ask? Is this what you meant when you asked Melody about the library visit" Elias asked and Harlee remained quiet unsure how to lie. Elias swallowed thickly his thoughts speaking for him "Do you think you found your soulmate? Is that why you're asking?" Elias wasn't sure if he wanted the answer to that question. 'What if it wasn't him'

"No, of course not. I just read this book that suggested soulmates and I was curious about your take on it. That's all" Harlee finally spoke, not exactly lying. Without giving Elias a chance to reply "Come on, let's go build that snowman"