Chapter 17

Harlee left a short while after Mal did. The previously mentioned young adult was absentmindedly walking through the halls of Auradon in deep thought when she crashed into something... or perhaps someone.

"Oof" She muttered in a slight wince.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going, are  you okay?" Harlee blinked at the familiar redhead.

"Oh its fine I was lost in thought" Harlee smiled lightly in recognition "You're Amir, Elias's cousin right?"

"Uh- y-yes t-thats right" The green eyed boy said nervously. He couldn't believe he bumped into the girl his cousin has been ranting about ever since she got here. Not to mention the fact that when Harlee first met him, he was spying on her and Elias.

Harlee furrowed her eyebrows at his nervousness "Riiight, see you around" Harlee turned and started walking away when a hand delicately grabbed her arm. She turned with an eyebrow raised. Amir took his hand off her quickly.

"Sorry, I just... is it true? What the people are saying? That you're actually King Harry of the Southern Isles daughter?" Harlee's eyes widened in horror and she froze in place. Amir cursed himself for asking upon noticing the expression on Harlee's face. "Sorry, that was a bit forward its just there've been a lot of rumors surrounding the vk's ever since your arrival and I thought it best to get things from the source and I-"

"Its okay" Harlee finally snapped out of her frozen state and cut off Amir's rambling. "Yes I am biologically at least, Hans still raised me" Harlee noticed how Amir unknowingly flinched at Hans' mention.

"I'm sorry" Harlee stated sincerely.

"What for?" Amir tilted his head in confusion.

"For what my dad did. I know it's hard to believe and it doesn't mean as much coming from me but my dad actually regrets what he did" Amir looked at Harlee through new eyes, yes he had heard a plentiful of things from both Elias, Jay and Oliver not to mention the things people whisper in the halls but he hadn't personally seen it himself.

"You shouldn't apologize for something that you didn't do but Im sure my mother would appreciate it" He smiled in her direction and Harlee returned it. "I'm meeting Elias and a few others for a game of croquet, would you like to join us?"

"Sure" Harlee answered before she could stop herself. Amir basically jumped on his feet and grabbed her arm in excitement.

"Let's go"

˗ˏˋ ˚☆💙☆˚ˎˊ˗

"Slight admittance I have never played croquet" Amir flashed a reassuring smile towards me.

"It's okay, we'll teach you. It's very fun especially with the way we play" My eyebrows furrowed as Amir laughed, a mischievous look passed through his green eyes.

"What do you-" I stopped short as I noticed Hazel, Madison and Oliver holding water guns pointed at Elias, Layla and a curly redheaded boy I haven't had the pleasure of meeting. Across the green field was Jay, Kailani and surprisingly Ruby. They were all holding colorful wooden mallets and completely drenched in water.

"I see you already began without me" Amir called out with a laugh and the group turned in his direction.

"I see you brought an extra Amir, Good. She can take my spot" The curly redhead boy drawled, an accent I couldn't place slipping off his lips.

"Oh I couldn't, I don't even know how to play" I declined with an awkward laugh.

"I can teach you Harlee, it'll be fun" Elias flashed me a brilliant smile that almost had me swooning.

"Ohh so your Harlee, I knew you looked familiar. Your the girl in the picture that hangs above Elias's bed" I could feel my cheeks turning hot and I looked at Elias in surprise, he was redder than a rose.

"T-thats not true!" Elias glared at the redhead, his cheeks still aflame. The boy I still don't know the name of only laughed.

"I-I-I'm sure it isn't" He mocked with a smirk.

"Piss off Lorcan" Elias then raised his hand and it glowed blue before ice shot from it and hit Lorcan, as Elias had referred, straight at his stomach. I bit back a smile as Lorcan doubled over with a groan of pain.

"Stupid ice magic" At this I couldn't help the laugh that fell from my lips. Soon everyone joined and Lorcan glared at us "Arseholes, the whole lot of you"

After recovering from  Elias's magic Lorcan walked towards me and Amir holding the red wooden mallet.

"Here, you're going to need this" He hands me the mallet and I instinctively grab it with a curious look.

"Amir! switch with me" Hazel suddenly calls and Amir nods with a smile and heads in her direction.

Still eying the red mallet "What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Elias!" Lorcan yelled and I jumped back, a little startled. Elias looked at Lorcan in annoyance, probably still embarrassed.

"Yes?"

"Your girlfriend is in dire need of an explanation on how to play. Be a good fellow and teach her" Lorcan smiled mischievously and I felt my cheeks flame up again and Elias was no better.

"O-oh we aren't-" Lorcan only waved us off with a wink and walked away. I walked towards Elias, awkwardly fiddling with the red mallet. Elias didn't even look at me, just gave me a nod to acknowledge I was there. I cleared my throat , Elias  looked at me from the corner of his eyes but did not look at me directly and for some reason this annoyed me.

"You have a picture of me above your bed" I smirked teasingly and that was enough. His head snapped towards me, his beautiful eyes on me. The weird pressure in my stomach was back again.

"I- Not exactly, Lorcan was exaggerating" His cheeks were red as roses in bloom and he looked at me a little sheepishly. I found that I love that look on him. "I do have a picture of you- well us on my nightstand"

"Really?" I bit back a smile as my heart started fluttering in my chest.

"Yeah, we look good" Elias commented offhandedly and I wondered if he meant together, that we look good together.

"Hey lovebirds, get to teaching. Some of us want to play" Jay called loudly. Everyone except Elias and I snickered and we glared.

"Right, we shoud get to that" He pause and I couldn't help but notice at a longing look in his eyes along with another emotion I couldn't decipher. "While we have the basic rules of croquet we play a little differently. If you hit your ball and it hits the opposing teams ball they get sprayed with the water guns, if you hit a ball thats on your team then the team gets sprayed. Usually we tally points together but at this point the game is all about reaching the end making sure the ball passes through the hoops and  making sure the opposing team gurgles water" I nodded along as he explained the game.

"Does that make sense?" Elias asked as he led me toward where Layla was standing with a green wooden mallet.

"Yes" I nodded.

"Good. Come on guys! We're ready" Elias yelled out excitedly.

"Finally" Jay cheered with a grin.

AN: Another filler chapter, I will get back to the movie plot soon but I still want to explore Harlee and Elias  relationship.Sorry for taking too long to post this but Ive hit a bit of authors block and being sick is not helping! Honestly starting a new year while being sick does not give me much hope on whats to come.

Happy New Years everyone and may your dreams become a reality in this new year.

P.S: THANK YOU for 1k read! Never thought that would happen 😅