Chapter 21

Harlee POV:

I sat alone in Mad Hatters cafe, writing diligently across a hand drawn map of the coronation hall. My thoughts constantly drifted to Elias and his family, the wand and my own family.

"Couldn't wait until I got here huh?" I smiled, turning my head away from the papers. Lotte seated herself on the booth across from me with a teasing smile.

"You're late" I sang lightly and Charlotte laughed, the corner of her mouth wrinkling.

"It's barely 1:15, I'm basically on time" I rolled my eyes at her and showed her my drawings.

" The wand is going to be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar, and Mal plans for us to come in from here" I pointed towards the marked spot on the map "Mal, due to being Ben's girlfriend, will be in the very front. Carlos, Evie and Jay will be up on the balcony. Carlos is in charge of finding our limo so that we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back to the island with the wand. Evie is going with him and has this perfume that with two sprays , he'll be out like a light" My voice lowered to a whisper as I explained. Charlotte's eyebrows furrowed critically.

"I'm assuming you have a counter plan?"

"Yes, I know them. I know that in their own way they're having doubts about stealing the wand, we need to feed into those doubts.If that doesn't work we can stop them if before they reach the end of the balcony, I think we can stop Mal as well. You mentioned that because I'm family, I will be on the floor with you all, right?" At her nod of confirmation, I continued "If I'm on floor I can stop Mal from moving to the wand, without the wand my friends wouldn't dare move. As a safety measure we need to change the shift patterns the day off Coronation, it can't be an electronic notice because Carlos will find out immediately. And it has to be kept an absolute secret, Evie is queen of gossip she WILL find out. I'm thinking an update letter signed by the King , what do you think?" I rapidly explained. Charlotte's eyes were wide and she nodded slowly.

"I'm thinking you have a brilliant plan, just one question. How are we going to feed into the doubts?" I moved the map of the ballroom and placed a venn diagram on the table.

˗ˏˋ ˚☆🩵☆˚ˎˊ˗

Harlee POV:

After discussing the details with Lotte she quickly left to place  her part of the plan in motion. I still sat in the same booth but my papers were all put away and I drinking my third hot chocolate. The entryway bell rang as the door opened and I beamed as Elias walked in. Quickly spotting me he made his way towards me. I stood as he got near and he pulled me into his arms, kissing me passionately with a small dip. My face burned when we parted.

"Well hello to you too" I mumbled. Elias laughed and kissed my cheek.

"Hello, darling" Smiling shyly at him as I slid back into the booth, Elias sat down on the same side and I raised an eyebrow "What? If I sat across from you I couldn't do this" Quickly he wrapped his arm around my waist and brought me closer to him until I was basically sitting on his lap. His eyes landed on my hot chocolate, a question forming in his eyes. "Have you been waiting long?"

"Oh not at all-"

"Harlee, did you want another refill? Oh you have a new guest, Elias, how are you dear?" Alice, the waitress that has been servicing me for most of the day interrupted me. Elias raised an eyebrow at me and I sheepishly smiled as he caught me in a lie.

"No, I think I've had enough hot chocolate today" Elias shot me a look before giving Alice a polite smile.

"I'm doing very well, how are you?"

"Wonderful darling, would you like your usual?" Alice questioned politely.Elias glanced at me first with an excruciating eye before looking back at Alice.

"Times two, please" Alice beamed at us before leaving, Elias swivelled his head towards me raising a teasing eyebrow "Not been here long huh? Refill? New guest? Would you care to explain, love?"

"Alright so maybe I've been here a while. Charlotte wanted to hang out today and she suggested coming here, it was convenient" I chuckled and Elias nodded in understanding. "Besides you can't speak Mr. Has an usual order" He rolled his eyes playfully before pinching my waist and laughed as I let out a small yelp. I poked at a small part in his stomach where I knew he was ticklish and Elias slapped my hand as a giggle escaped his mouth. I laughed as his face blanched with horror.

"We'll never speak of that again" His voice raised at a higher pitch and I laughed again before caressing his cheek.

"Aw its okay baby, I thought it was cute" Elias pouted with an adorable scowl yet the flush in his cheeks betrayed him. "Is someone a little grumpy? Come on, let's turn that frown upside down" I grabbed his cheeks and raised them to form his lips into a smile as he rolled his eyes at me. I dropped his cheeks but the scowl remained. "Fine, be that way" I dramatically scooted off him and closer to the wall before pulling out my phone. I felt him move closer as I hid the phone from his view. I giggled and pulled the phone closer to me.

"What are you looking at?" I pointedly ignored him with a small laugh. "What's funny?" I wanna laugh with you" Trying not to let my smile show I continued to ignore him. "Love" He poked my cheek 'This is harder than I thought, don't know how he does it' Elias grabbed my chin and made me look at him "Sorry if I upset you but would you please continue talking to me" I bit my lip hard but with Elias, I could never mess with him for long.

"I'm not upset, just being dramatically silly" I placed my phone on the table as Elias smiled at me and for some reason this smile felt different and it made my heart beat faster. I leaned in first but just before our lips could touch.

" I have- OH!" We both looked towards Alice with red cheeks and mild annoyance on my part. "My goodness, I'm terribly sorry. I'll just leave this here" She placed the plates of food on the table, whispering something in Elias' ear that caused him to look at me briefly before looking back at Alice with a small nod and pink cheeks.

"We always get interrupted" Elias joked, cheeks getting brighter than a rose. I tilted my head in curiosity.

"We do, but we have our uninterrupted moments as well. What did she say to you?"

"Uhh what were you looking at earlier on your phone?" Elias stammered and my eyes narrowed at his nervous demeanour.

"I asked first"

"Actually, I do believe I inquired earlier and my enquiry was left unanswered" He smiled at me awkwardly and I sighed, grabbing my phone to show him. Elias let out an indignant yell and a few glanced in our direction "Sorry" When they turned back to their own tables, Elias looked at me frantically "How did you get this?" He whispered as he showed me the photo of baby Elias naked in a bathtub that I had saved on my phone.

"I have my sources" I answered cryptically.

"The only ones who have this picture are my aunt and my mother, did you talk to my mother?!" Elias panicked, his eyes comically wide "I mean I'm glad you and my mom are getting along but did she really have to send you that! I'm going to talk with her about what is appropriate to show my girlfriend, I-"

"Honey, it was Amir" I gently interrupted, grabbing my phone and placing it inside my bag "I think either your aunt or mom sent it to him, apparently one of them thought I would have love to see it as well as a few other pictures, he didn't really explain it to me" I explained as Elias slowly let out a breath before pausing.

"Did you say 'a few other pictures'?! Show me!" I laughed as he started panicking again, resting my hand on his hand that was reaching for my bag.

"Don't worry about it, my precious prince . Each one was absolutely adorable" Elias looked ready to protest but I shushed him "Now eat your food before it gets cold" When Elias opened his mouth I shoved a fry from his plate into his mouth. "Eat" He grumbled but started eating his meal. I bit back a smile. He truly is the One.

AN: I know I said I was going to post tomorrow but I had to deal with a few things as I move to a different job and completely forgot about posting 😅

Have a great ass day or night! 💜