Chapter 19

Elias and I walked hand in hand towards my dorm as the sun set behind us. We spent the rest of the time simply talking and enjoying each other's presence. While walking I noticed Ben and Mal in front of Evie and Mal's shared dorm. The latter entered the dorm after Ben kissed her cheek in parting. Relief spread through me, Ben had not gotten in the enchanted lake, then he turned in our direction and when his eyes landed on mine I saw it. The betrayal and hidden anger beneath his eyes. I looked at Elias in slight desperation.

"I'm going to talk to Ben and ask about his date with Mal, I'll talk to you later" Releasing his hand and kissing his cheek without another word , I went after Ben. I followed him all the way to his dorm calling out to him, he ignored me as he kept hastily moving.

"Ben! Just stop!" Surprisingly he did, his back kept facing me, his hand pausing over the door handle. "I'm sorry" I tried collecting my thoughts "I know it was wrong-"

"Then why did you do it?!" Ben roared turning to face me and I step back a little startled.

"I-"

"I thought we were friends, friends don't spell each other without consent and friends don't lie to each other"

"Thats rich coming from someone who lied about my father" I snapped and at his hurt look I sighed "Look! I'm sorry that you were spelled, having someone mess with your feelings isn't nice. I don't expect you to forgive me for my very small part in your spell casting but I want you to know that it was for a very good reason" I winced as he glared at me.

"A very good reason" He mocked heatedly "What good reason would you have to make me fall in love with Mal?" I stayed silent and he huffed turning to go into his dorm.

"Happiness" I blurted. He turned back with a disbelieving brow. "Um, w-well its just I could tell that you and Aubrey were together out of duty and not real romantic feelings. And I thought Mal needed someone good in her life and you were the perfect candidate. You can't tell me you didn't find Mal attractive when you first met? I don't have magic as you know and Mal had a crush on you and well we didn't think that Aubrey would ever get her claws off you so we spelled you" He stared at me for a long time and I internally panicked as he remained silent 'Please, please believe me'

"Okay, I believe you" He paused in contemplation "But I don't forgive you" I frowned and my shoulders dropped.

"Okay" I turned and walked away from him, that's when I noticed we weren't alone. Jay and Amir stood at the end of the hall both with wide eyes.

"Shit"They chorused and I sighed going after them. 'I really hate running'

˗ˏˋ ˚☆💙☆˚ˎˊ˗

"OHHH, I get it" Amir nodded as Harlee finished explaining the whole Ben was spelled fiasco "You guys didn't give anyone else a cookie, right?" The redheaded wanted to make sure it was only a one time thing. He thought about how the vk's grew up on an isolated island without much love and figured that they didn't know how to handle it when having a crush. They resorted to what they thought would work, Amir didn't have any anger towards the situation but he wasn't the one spelled. Frankly, Amir understood both sides.

"No, only Ben" Jay nodded along to Harlee's statement.

"Alright, good. I understand that things worked a little differently in the Isle when it came to matters of the heart but usually we are honest about our feelings and we share them" Jay and Harlee shared a look before looking back at Amir with deadpan expression.

"Oh yeah, you mean how you told Melody you're in love with her?" Harlee asked dryly and Amir's face flushed with extreme heat 'Had he been so obvious?'

"Oh wait, that hasn't happened because neither of you had said anything!" Jay continued Harlee's thought. He was grateful for Harlee's quick wit and hopefully Ben would forgive them soon.

The redhead stared at Jay indignantly, cheeks still red "You mean like you haven't told Ruby you like her!" Jay's eyes widened in horror but his cheeks gained a little colour and Harlee raised her eyebrows at it.

"I-I I d-don't like Ruby!" Jay cursed himself for stuttering and Amir looked triumphant.

"I- I I d-dont" Harleed mocked with a laugh. 'Ruby and Jay? Who knew'

"Shut up, Miss makes out with Elias and forgets about everyone around" Harlee's cheeks flamed.

"I- I I How did you know?! You left!"

"I- I I" Jay mocked with a teasing grin. He had left but Oliver, Hazel, Lorcan and Layla hadn't and they were more than happy to share what happened even if they were a bit disgusted.

"Fuck you"

An: Heyyy, Im sorry this is so short but I wanted to give yall something. Ive been dealing with the hardships of life and wasn't in the state to write and then I got sick (still am) and its just worsened my mood. I WILL finish this story, I owe that to yall and owe it to myself as well.

Thank you for those who have stayed and voted 💜