Chapter 3

Vivian was sneaking in the bushes to get behind a sunflower monster.

As she was getting closer to the monster, she noticed from the corner of her eye another sunflower monster.

She stopped.

The other one is about 12ft away...

Even if I killed this one, the other one would notice me and then attack...

Vivian recalled the gas attack that she suffered from the first sunflower monster she encountered.

Should I or should I not...?

An idea then popped inside her head.

What if I lure the other one somewhere else...?

She cast her gaze down and searched for a stone.

She saw a stone buried half deep in the ground and uprooted it with her dagger.

She stared at the two sunflower monsters.

I hope this works...

Tak!

She threw a stone at a tree that was near the one which was about 12ft away.

Both sunflower monsters turned their sunflower heads to the tree where the stone hit.

However, none of them moved to the location. Instead, their heads simply wandered around while still standing in the same place.

Tch...!

Vivian clicked her tongue mentally.

It was then another idea popped inside her head.

She searched for another stone and threw it away at the same spot.

Tak!

The moment both sunflower monsters turned their head to where the stone hit, Vivian immediately burst out of the bushes and charged.

Whoosh!

When she closed the distance with the nearest sunflower monster, she immediately swung her blade, cutting it between its head and stem. And without waiting for even a second to rest, she immediately rushed for the second sunflower monster.

Whoosh!

The second sunflower monster heard some footsteps coming from behind it. But as soon as it turned around, a blade already swiped it.

Ding!

A ringing bell suddenly rang inside Vivian's head and a message appeared in front of her before quickly disappearing.

'Unlocked [Body Art Mastery] (Dagger Mastery) - Level 1!'

Vivian stopped and opened her Status Panel.

***

Name: Vivian

Class: Thief

Race: Human

Age: 24

Affinity:

• Poison - x1.4

• Fire - x1.2

• Dagger - x1.2

Stats:

• Str - 11 (+2)

• Vit - 9

• Agi - 12 (+2)

• Int - 8

Mana: 16/16

Skills: