Fifth Quest

In the forest surrounding Luxen City.

Vivian and Marie were walking side by side.

Vivian had her sword out, while Marie still had her weapons sheathed on her waist but was holding a small sack.

"Sister, our quest is to gather 15 tails of the Bukaroo, right?" asked Marie.

"Yes, and you're in charge of picking up the tails. Leave the killing to me."

Since Marie wanted to tag along, Vivian decided that might as well use her. And plus, she would just feel awkward of having Marie follow her around without doing anything.

Beak!

Beak!

Vivian quickly turned her head in the direction of where the sound was coming from. And once she spotted the bird, she immediately rushed toward with.

As she was rushing to the bird, she made a quick glance at the sword on her hand and her lips curled up into a grin.

Can't wait to use this...!

The bird finally entered her attack range.

Whooosh!

With one swing, the blade neatly passed through the bird's body in mid-air and it whipped its tail to sting Vivian but missed as Vivian stepped back away and dodged it.

A red line suddenly appeared on the bird's body and it slowly separated into 2 pieces, causing blood and guts to start falling.

Thud.

Thud.

The bird's dismembered corpse fell to the ground and Vivian's eyes narrowed.

This is not good...

I don't know if the blade is too sharp or I'm too strong...

Or perhaps both...

Either way, I need to kill the bird in one swoop without giving it a chance to attack...

She ignored the bird and watched Marie extract the tail.

Marie grabbed the lower half of the corpse and then ripped the tail away.

"Sister, I'll be moving faster. The only time I'll take a break is when you're extracting the tail."

Vivian didn't wait for Marie to reply and immediately started running.

***

Vivian noticed Treebark up ahead at the corner of her eye.

She didn't stop running and simply changed direction, heading right straight to the monster.

When she got around 10ft away, the monster turned around to face her and charged.

Whoosh!

Vivian didn't bother jumping or doing any fancy moves. She ran towards it and then swung her sword.

Just like the Bukaroo, her sword easily sliced through the monster's body without any resistance. The monster whipped its arms and Vivian had to take a step back once more in order to dodge that attack.

Tch!

Vivian clicked her tongue as she stared at the monster and continued walking.

Thud.

Thud.

The monster took a few steps forward when it finally stopped as a red line appeared across its body and the upper body slid down to the ground.

The Bitch In The Fantasy Worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें