Chapter 17

"Ah yes. You see, I've been traveling and I'm lost. Is there a city here nearby?" Vivian said with a friendly smile on her face.

Cram was about to answer but Flein beat him to it.

"Yes, about 2 miles away from here Northwest."

"What's the name of the city?"

"Luxen."

"The 2 of you are adventurers?"

Hearing the question, Cram and Flein were both puzzled. In their head, it should be obvious with the pendants around their neck, not to mention Vivian also had one as well.

Seeing that Vivian didn't say anything and was waiting for an answer, one of them answered.

"Yes, we are Copper II," Cram said proudly.

Flein, on the other hand, only glanced at him before returning his gaze to Vivian.

"Wow, amazing!" Vivian said and clapped her hands. "So you're doing a quest here?"

"Yes."

"From the adventurer's guild?"

When Vivian asked the question, Cram noticeably became guarded. As for Flein, he was already from the beginning. But now, he was more guarded.

"Why are you asking that?" Flein asked.

"Are you an Auditor?" Cram asked his own question as well.

"No, I'm just a traveler asking for directions and information," said Vivian. "By the way, is there an entrance, toll fee or some kind of paperwork, like a passport, when entering the city?"

Cram and Flein looked at each other before returning their gaze to Vivian.

"There is a toll fee," said Cram.

"Oh, how much?"

"It's 1 silver coin. But adventurers like us don't have to pay."

"I see," said Vivian. "Do you know how much is 1 silver coin when exchanged with copper coins?"

"Huh? Lady, why are you asking that?" Cram asked with a confused expression.

Flein wanted to curse on Cram. But when he was about to step in and take over, Vivian replied.

"Oh, that's because I did some business with people during my travels and some of them have different exchange rates and currencies. So I'm afraid I might buy something in the city and then only to find out later that I don't have enough money to pay after all. As much as I'm ashamed to admit it, I'm poor."

Hearing her answer and looking at her pitiful appearance, Cram felt sorry for Vivian because he and his team were also dealing with the same problem -- being poor. Not to mention she was also a woman.

"I understand. A single silver coin is 10 copper coins."

"Thank you, gentlemen. Take care. I hope to see you around in the city," Vivian said and waved before turning around and walking away.

"Yeah, you too," said Cram and waved back.

As for Flein, he didn't say anything and just watched Vivian.

Although Vivian's back was facing them, his gut was telling him that she was ready to attack at any moment in case they did anything suspicious.

His eyes glanced over Cram who was also looking at her.

When Vivian was finally far away, he opened his mouth.

"Cram, what do you think the identity of that woman was?"