Market District (2)

Vivian stood in front of a small tent.

Inside the tent, there was a man in his late 30s sitting down on top crate and stitching a leather boot. On his side, there was a small table covered with a piece of cloth and there was a pile of shoes on top of it -- some were so worn out while others were still somewhat in good condition.

"Hi, excuse me. Do you repair shoes here?"

The man stopped what he was doing and raised his head.

"Yes. How can I help you?"

Vivian took out the broken shoe from her satchel.

"I need you to fix this. How much will it cost and when will I get it?"

"Let me see."

Vivian handed it over and the man inspected it for a moment before returning his gaze to her.

"Just this one?" he asked and glanced at the other pair on Vivian's left foot.

"Yes," Vivian replied before turning her gaze to the pile of shoes on top of the table. "Are those shoes on the table for sale?"

"Some."

"Do you have anything that's strong enough and can be used for kicking things?"

The man noticed the Copper I pendant around Vivian's neck and her feet where only her left foot had a shoe while the right one was only covered in bandages before looking at the shoe on his hand.

"Give me a moment."

The man rummaged through the pile of shoes beside him and grabbed a pair.

"How about this one?"

The shoes on his hand was a pair of high-cut leather boots and had a metal cover surrounding its tip. The leather looked very worn out, but Vivian could see that it had been properly stitched. Even the metal cover surrounding its tip has been repaired.

"How much and how long will that last me if I use that for kicking? I kick a LOT of things."

"It would be 1 silver coin. And as you can see, although the leather is already worn out, the quality is still good. It will last you long enough unless you go around kicking lava and acid."

"And the repair?"

"It would be 3 copper coins."

"Let me see if it fits me."

The man handed it over and Vivian quickly tried them on.

"The owner of that shoe used to be an adventurer who also practices Leg Arts. But it was a long time ago, haven't seen him since," the man said calmly but there was a hint of melancholy in his tone.

Vivian didn't notice it because she was busy jumping, walking and doing sudden brakes.

There's some space between the tip and my toes but it's not that huge to make me feel uncomfortable or lose balance...

Do I buy this...?

Seriously, I never imagined that I would buy used clothes and shoes...

I mean, only God knows what kind of skin diseases I might catch from wearing them...

But if this is already 1 silver coin and it looks like this is the only one that has a metal cover, then how much is a brand-new one...?

I also don't have time to waste to go around shopping...

Aside from money, I also need the experience to level up my skills as quickly as possible...