Market District

At the Market District.

Vivian accepted the Quest for gathering 15 tails of the Bukaroo this morning and had already gathered them yesterday while she was gathering for the 10 hearts of a Treebark but didn't want to be accused of over-hunting and lose her license as an Adventurer because that monster was supposedly not aggressive so she decided to wait for 2-3 hours before submitting it. And during those 2-3 hours, her plan was to go visit the Temple of Thieves and gather information.

However, since she was already done visiting the Temple of Thieves and still had time, she decided to go visit the Market District, specifically to the place where weapons and armors were being sold on the street.

As for the equipment being sold at the stores, she didn't even bother. After all, she couldn't afford them.

Vivian swept her gaze at the items on top of a cloth and laid out on the street. When she saw something that caught her eye, she immediately went over to the vendor before kneeling down on one knee and pointing at the item.

"Hi, how much is this?"

The item was a mace. It was about 1 and 1/2ft long. Its handle was about 5 inches and was wrapped with black leather.

The vendor, a man in his mid-30s, looked at the item Vivian was pointing to before looking at her.

"13 silvers."

At the moment, Vivian only has 5 silver and 7 copper coins. Even if she were to add the reward money from the Bukaroo quest, which was 20 copper coins, she was still nowhere close to affording it.

"I see. Thank you."

She got up and continued searching.

"Hi, how much is this?"

The item she was pointing to was a pair of brown leather gloves that had a rectangular metal plate on the knuckles.

"10 silvers," the vendor replied.

"I see. Thank you," she said and left.

"Hi, how much is this?"

The item she was pointing at was another pair of brown leather gloves.

"8 silvers."

"I see. Thank you."

When Vivian was about to get up and leave, the vendor stopped her.

"Wait."

Vivian looked at the vendor which was a man in his early 30s.

"You're a fighter, aren't you?"

Vivian's brows knitted.

"I can tell from your boots."

Vivian glanced at her boots.

No shit, Sherlock...

Although the leather on her boots was worn out already, its overall condition was still good, including the metal covering her toes.

"And although it looks like you've recently just repaired them, there's already a slight bent on the metal covering your right boot."

Vivian glanced back at her right boot.

I didn't notice that...

She returned her glance to the vendor.

"I'll tell you what, I'll sell you these gloves for 6 silvers only. They're made with the hide of a Horuboru. It's not as tough as iron, but it's much better and tougher than using those fingerless gloves of yours."