Chapter 20

Vivian had a smile on her face as she stepped outside the Adventurer's Guild building and was headed to the tavern run by Shirley.

I can finally rest...

I just hope I have enough money for lodging and food...

When saw the tavern, she had mixed feelings.

The building was a two-story building made of wood and it looked exactly what a typical fantasy medieval tavern is depicted in books, movies and etc. from her original world.

It looks so cheap...

She saw a glimpse of the people, especially the customers, inside the tavern from the entrance.

The people inside were between the ages of 15-30 years old. And some of them, especially the men, had menacing faces.

Is this...

Is this the slums...?

She looked around her surroundings.

Back in Vivian's original world, although she was a man, she had no interest whatsoever in visiting the slums. As a matter of fact, even at the age of 24 years old, she could count on one hand the number of times she visited the slums by accident.

She returned her gaze to the tavern.

Is this what the typical adventurer life looks like...?

She recalled the faces of the people she met that she believed were adventurers.

Well, the woman back in the Adventurer's Guild did say that most Copper and Silver ranks use...

So basically, this is where the bottom of the food chain adventurers gather...?

But is it safe...?

If the cost of lodging and food in this city is really affordable, then I'm going to a better place...

Only God knows what kind of diseases I might catch...

She hesitantly entered the tavern.

Immediately, her nose was assaulted with the smell of old wood, alcohol, food and something rotten that she couldn't tell because it was like a combination of body odor, blood and vomit.

Vivian suppressed the urge to cover her nose as she looked around.

There were waitresses dressed in civilian clothing serving food and drinks. There were also what she could assume were adventurers based on their attire sitting around the tables eating, drinking and chatting.

I still don't see any demi-humans...

Where in God's name are the sexy demon women...?

Or vampire women...

Her eyes glanced at the utensils.

The mugs, plates and what she assumes is a spoon were all made of wood. The same goes for the tables and chairs.

There were no fluorescent bulbs, but she could see some dusty old lamps hanging in the corners. Although the sun had already started to set, it was still bright enough so they weren't yet lit.

The floor wasn't covered in cement or wood. It was just pure dirt.

I can only imagine how dirty this is when it rains...

She continued sweeping her gaze around and saw what looked like an information desk, counter, bar or whatever it was. And behind it was a fat black woman with short dark-brown curly hair in her late 40s dressed in civilian clothing sitting down and wiping herself with a piece of cloth hanging on her shoulder.