Chapter 21

(Now That We Don't Talk By Taylor Swift)

Roxanne's Pov

I felt the anxiety rise as we walked through the airport. Matteo went ahead of us, so he wouldn't be noticed. Schlatt and I were getting started from people, here and there, but nothing serious. We got outside to the car, and I started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Schlatt asked and I smiled.

"I'll follow you guys?" I put my gloves on, and turned my back, walking away from them.

I unstrapped my helmet from my motorcycle, and I got on. I grabbed my keys, starting it, and getting myself settled.

I noticed Matteo pull the car out, and I hummed, putting my music on. Matteo bought a car, but he still has his bike. He realized that with his friends coming around more that he should probably get one.

I hit the kickstand, pulling it up, and I backed out of the parking spot. I drove out of the parking lot, meeting the car at the intersection to turn onto the highway. I felt the wind hit my body as I sped past the car.

They are waiting too long.

I weaved in and out of traffic, smiling to myself as I gained speed. Maybe this is all I needed. Maybe I just needed to be free. This is my freedom, and I shouldn't have run from it. My phone rang causing me to slow down as I slid to the accept button.

"Stop speeding." Matteo said, and I could hear Schlatt laugh.

I looked in my mirrors and saw them slowly gaining on me. I slowed down with a smile and once they pulled up next to me I hung up and waved before speeding past them quicker. I never thought life could be better, i never thought after being doxxed i would be able to pick myself back up, but i've done it twice now.

I pulled into Matteo's apartment parking lot, heading up to his apartment once I was ready. I opened the door slowly, and turned the lights on.
This is going to be my home for the next couple days, again.

I huffed, putting my helmet and gloves on the counter. I stood in the middle of the room, feeling all of the emotions from the first time, and this time, all coming back.

@RedLight
|
now that we don't talk
view replies...
|

@RedLight
|
@applejaxon i dont have to pretend i don't like wearing heels because you're shorter than me
Comments are disabled.

I put my phone down on the kitchen counter, knowing that as soon as Schlatt walked in, he would take it. I just seem to constantly fuel the fire of all of this drama. I keep adding gasoline to the fire, but what if I like to get burned? What if I like to play with the fire?

My phone started ringing, bringing me out of my thoughts. I grabbed it, walking into the guest room, closing the door and sliding down till I reached the floor. As much as I pretend that I'm okay, this all makes me feel too much.

I'm angry, i'm sad, i'm confused, im happy, i'm going through so many emotions that i don't know how to feel right now.

"Hello?" I said, answering the phone, leaning my head against the door.

"Hey, talk to me." The soft voice came through the phone causing me to smile.

"Matteo told you?" I asked, and heard a hum on the other line.

"Of course he did, and I'm glad he did. I logged into his twitter, and Roxanne i'm so sorry." Julie said softly, and I knew she meant it.

"It's all a mess." I huffed and felt the anxiety rise.