Chapter 29

(I Feel It Coming By The Weeknd)

Schlatt's Pov

I believe that when two people are in love with each other you can see it in their eyes. The way that they look at each other, the way that they stare at each other, it's all there. Their eyes are full of attraction, and those undying feelings for each other. It's almost as if their eyes are smiling.
And even if we don't say a word, that invisible string is connecting us two.

I think that string has always connected us.

Because as she stares in front of me, it feels like no time has passed. I feel like we are right back where we left off. Roxanne is standing right in front of me and I've never felt luckier.

Everyone has been trying to tell us what to do, how to feel, how to handle this, but I think it's time we finally do what we want.

"You're crying." I pointed out, having never seen her cry before.

"Why does everyone keep pointing that out!" She cried harder, and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Because you don't cry, dumbass." I rolled my eyes and she huffed.

There was a pause, and I just stared at her. She looked like she had so much to say, and I waited. She stayed quiet, which was starting to frustrate me. I crossed my arms, and she closed her eyes.

"Anything you want to say?" I gave her a pointed look and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry." She rolled her eyes, tears still falling down her face.

"I don't accept." I jokingly said, causing her to stand up straighter.

Now is definitely my chance.

"I did not buy a plane ticket for you to-"

I pulled her closer, picking her up and throwing her over my shoulder. I stepped inside of my apartment as her hands hit my back.

"Put me down. Why does everyone throw me over their shoulder like I'm some rag doll!"

I closed the door with my foot, as Jambo ran out of the back room, wondering what all of the noise was. He spun around in excitement once he noticed Roxanne. I put her on the floor and she hit her hand against the chest.

"Don't do that." She spoke grumpily.

"Do you ever shut up?" I asked, grabbing her face and kissing her.

There was nothing that I wanted more than this. Her arms wrapped around me, her hands were cold, which set my body on fire. She pulled away, staring up at me with that smile that could make the whole world stop and stare.

"You're all quiet now." I smirked down at her, and she looked up at me with a red tint across her face.

"I always knew you couldn't resist me." She smiled up at me, resting her chin on my chest.

"Weren't you the one who kicked me out of their life?" I tilted my head with a smile and she backed away from me.

"Jambo, why don't you come live with me?" Roxanne spoke in a soft voice, picking him up.

"We can get away from your dad, he's mean." She pet the side of his face as Jambo laid against her face.

"We can live happily ever after!" She squealed, sitting on the couch as I smiled.

Jambo meowed at her, and I closed my eyes with a smile on my face. My heart was completely melting at the sight.

"So you realized you were dumbass and now you're back." I walked over, sitting down on the couch next to her.

"I guess I didn't know what I had or was feeling when I was in it." She looked up at me before I put my arm around her, losing combing through her curls.

"This is like that one song by Olivia Roderigo." She laughed and I looked at her with confusion.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes.

"Cause i miss the way he kisses and the way he grabbed my ass."

"I never grabbed your ass." I shook my head as she laughed.

"You know that wasn't the original lyric, she changed it. It's actually depressing because I would love to sing about how you grab my ass."

"I've never grabbed your ass!" I screamed, laughing as she hit my head softly.

"Whatever, I'll find some man who would." She shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"You're dumb."

"Yeah but you like it, can we go out?" She asked randomly, as Jambo walked across her and sat in between us.

"What? Like on a date?"

"Exactly! We can go out to dinner- dinner is not our thing actually. The gun range, or the club, or we can do something new!"

"I'll do whatever you want as long as you stay next to me and don't leave me like a loser again." She snorted in response, picking her head up.

"Take me out and then maybe we can talk about you being my boyfriend."

843 Words