Vol.18 Ch.10: The Leopards' Hyper Aggressive Pick

It was the Leopards' turn to pick again.

"Looks like it's time for the grand reveal~" Cato smiled from ear to ear, imagining the shock on his opponents' faces. It was going to be so delightful to hit them with this super unexpected pick!

With that said, deep down, Cato's feelings about this pick didn't change. Every fiber of his being still disagreed with it.

"Are you absolutely sure you want to go with Orc?" Cato asked one last time. "There are so many other aggressive classes you could pick."

"I think I answered that enough times," Jin said. "I'm going Orc, nothing else."

"I see. A shame." Cato sighed in resignation. Till the very end, he was unable to sway the Emperor's mind. Oh well.

"Then, seeing as Bishop is banned, I'll go Cleric," Cato said. "A cleanse is very valuable to have against a Drow, and we might need the revival as well, seeing as our lineup is abnormally aggressive."

"Weak pick," Jin criticized.

"Oh? How so?"

"Too defensive. Not needed."

"Well, and I'm saying your Orc pick is too aggressive and not needed as well. Does that make us even?"

"Hmph." Jin scoffed and didn't say anything more. This pick makes it easier to counter-pick both of us. Whatever.

There was no need to take this drafting phase too seriously anyway. No matter how good Stratus' picks were going to be, Jin will crush them regardless.

In the end, the Leopards' final picks were Cleric and Orc. The first pick didn't leave much of an impression, but the second pick sent shockwaves across the stadium.

"Huh!?" Kai exclaimed. "Are they being serious?"

"I guess they are..." Yuel was speechless as well. That Orc pick came out of left field. It was in complete contrast to everything the Leopards stood for.

Howard mentioned that Apprentece favors offense, but I didn't think it was to such a high degree...

Orc was about the most aggressive pick for Top Laner, second only to Dark Knight. And, since Dark Knight wasn't considered viable at the highest level of play, Orc was essentially the representative of hyper-offense for Top.

Is he making a statement? Yuel wondered. It almost feels like a taunt.

For one, Kai had already exhibited her irritation. And, the rest of the team was taken aback as well.

"Scary." Nia shuddered.

"I think this is going to be rough, haha..." Ben smiled dryly.

Even though they all knew how risky the Orc pick was, it nonetheless managed to shake them up to one degree or another. They all understood that the enemy was declaring their superiority and confidence with this pick.

If any other team went for a pick like this, then nobody would've batted an eye. But, these were the Leopards, the regional champions. What's more, they were normally the heralds of defense, which made this aggressive pick even more absurd.

However, one goof was completely unfazed by any of this.

"Yo, finally a cool pick!" Lars exclaimed. "I swear these dudes have been playing defense 24/7. It's about time they picked something more interesting, yo."

"I think this goes a little beyond 'more interesting'," Yuel said.

"Yeah, they kinda went off to the deep end with that one, didn't they?" Lars chuckled. "Gonna be fun to face this aggressive dude! Let's see what he brings to the table!"