Vol.18 Ch.22: Securing the Emperor's Dominance

It's not worth it. Jin stopped his chase before stepping into the enemy's tower area. I can get this kill, but I'll be too injured to stay in the lane. Hmm. Well, I'm sure I'll be able to get away with it against opponents of this level, but it's a bit too risky for my taste.

No matter how low-level the enemy players were, they still gave the Leopards a run for their money. Therefore, it won't do good to entirely disregard their ability. They might be able to punish Jin if he overextends too much.

Whatever. I'll let him go this time. Jin decided. Rather than taking this risk, it's more efficient to keep my HP intact and push hard in the next wave.

With the Druid on his deathbed, the guy was assuredly going to recall to base soon enough. In addition, Jin heavily injured the enemy Jungler as well, so Vanishing will have to recall, too.

In the next wave, all the possible obstacles will be gone. Jin thought. I can destroy the tower right there.

Allowing Phoenix to get away was like an investment. Jin gave up the kill in order to have a solid chance at destroying the tower, which was worth that much more.

Considering the pros and cons, taking out the tower is the optimal play. And so, Jin ignored the dying Druid and focused on the giant Ents in front of him.

WHISH! WHISH! WHISH! His scourge danced nonstop, whipping the giant trees without rest!

Once all the Ents crumbled, Jin pushed onward with his minion army. As expected, the enemy Druid had recalled by now, so there was nobody to defend the Turret right now.

Hmm. I could use my ult here to prolong the push. Jin pondered. No, it's not worth it. I'll do it in the next push.

A few of his minions had already died, so he won't be able to push the tower in full throttle even if he used his ult. As such, it was best to save it for the next wave.

And so, this push only brought the enemy Turret down to 40% HP. This was a great achievement for such an early stage of the game, but 40% was still a considerably high amount of remaining HP. Most classes wouldn't be able to delete that much in one push, especially not this early into the game.

But, Orc can do it. Jin asserted. The tower is going down in the next wave.

"My, such an early advantage," Cato commented on the lane situation. "Good job driving out all the threats. I assume the plan is to push hard in the next wave?"

"Yes."

"It's going to be a very strong push, for sure." But, also a very predictable one.

At first glance, pushing in the next wave seemed like a safe play. Phoenix recalled to base to heal up and Vanishing likely did the same. As such, there were no threats around Top to interfere with Jin's push... or, were there?

Will Yuel really take this one lying down? I doubt it. Cato reasoned. He should be aware that this push is almost a game-winning play for us. So, he has to do something. Something that neither I nor anybody will expect. That's just the kind of unpredictable tactician he is.

Perhaps some would brand Cato paranoid for overthinking this much, but he didn't care. His opponent was formidable, therefore it was necessary to exercise caution at every step of the way, even when it felt excessive.

"I suggest letting Will join you during that next push, to make sure you properly take down the tower."

"No need."

"A flat-out rejection as usual, huh..." Cato smiled wryly. "But, I insist this time. That push is going to be a dangerous play."

"How so? It very simple push."