Connor Rhodes - Ice Skating

A/N: hey! Since it's winter (in the uk) I thought it'd be cute to make an ice skating date one shot! Hope you enjoy!

Y/N was starting to get antsy as Connor was driving. He said that he was going to surprise her with a date but he wouldn't tell her where. He hinted that they were doing something that Y/N has never done before, so she was excited but also really nervous!

Connor soon pulled up at the mystery date location and it was at an ice rink!
"We're going ice skating?!" Y/N said excitedly, looking Connor in the eyes.
"Yes! When we first met, I remember you saying that you had never done it before so I thought it'd be the perfect date idea," replied her boyfriend.
"You're the best boyfriend ever," she said, leaning over to give him a kiss on his lips.

The couple excitedly made their way to the rink, hand in hand. Connor then paid for them both and he helped Y/N with her skates.
"Wow I'm really getting this princess treatment, thank you babe," she commented with a little giggle.
"Of course Y/N, you deserve it!"
He pulled his girlfriend up and led her to the entrance of the rink. Y/N was quite nervous but Connor reassured her that she'd be fine, especially since he was a somewhat experienced skater.
Y/N followed Connor on to the ice, one hand gripping the edge of the rink and the other firmly holding her boyfriend's. She started pulling herself along the ice, both hands now on the edge to stabilise her.

"Sweetie, you can't hold on to the side for the entire time..." Connor said smirking a little.
"I've never done this before Connor, don't be mean!"
"Here, give me both your hands," he said, holding out his hands for Y/N to take.
Cautiously she took them, hand by hand.
"Now stand up straight and relax. I'm going to gently pull you towards me okay?"
Connor started slowly skating backwards and Y/N glided across the ice, smiling at her boyfriend.
"Now push yourself along the ice, using one foot at a time - still holding on to me," he instructed.
She did as he said and soon enough, Y/N was ice skating almost by herself!
Once Y/N's confidence grew a little more on the ice, Connor suggested doing something a little risky...
"Want to try something risky...?" He asked.
"Hmm, depends what it is," Y/N responded, one hand holding Connor's as they gently skated across the rink.
"I'll have to show you..." he said mischievously. He held up his and Y/N's arms and spun Y/N around a few times.
"Oh my gosh Connor! That was so scary," said Y/N when he finished spinning her.
"But you enjoyed it didn't you...? Now I'm gonna get you to spin into me."
"There's no way—"
"Just try it sweetie I'll be right here to catch you!"
Y/N reluctantly began spinning into Connor until she slipped and fell. She shut her eyes, waiting for the fall to happen but it never did.
She slowly opened one eye at a time and was met with Connor's eyes gazing back at her.
She felt like she was in a Christmas movie! Connor's hand supported her back and her arms were around his neck.
"I love you Connor," said Y/N for the first time.
"I love you too Y/N," he replied back.
The two, still remaining in that same position, kissed in the middle of the rink with so much passion.
It had been such a lovely date for them both!
They went back to Connor's and snuggled up together watching a movie with some Chinese food.

A/N: Ew I hate this it's so bad but I needed to publish something 🥲
Please send requests so I have some ideas on what to write!! Thank you!