𝓲. accidents

written – 12.9.23 | not edited

THURSDAY, AUGUST 3RD

"SHH!" RONI SHUSHED HER BROTHER ignoring the glare paul gave her as they crawled out of her bedroom window. "Are you trying to wake him up?" Paul quietly scoffed. The two Lahote sibling froze at the sound of floor boards creaking. "Hurry up!" Roni whispered as she looked past Paul.

"I'm trying! I'm not as tiny as you are!" Paul slipped through the window, rolling his eyes when his sister muttered a 'obviously'. "Alright, let's go." Paul smiled but this eyes widened in horror as the latch on the widow busted and the window slammed shut. "Oh shit!" The two siblings took of in a sprint hoping that their parents didn't go into Roni's room.

"Nice going, dumbass!" Roni shoved her brother making him trip over a log. Roni brought a hand to cover her mouth as Paul slowly looked over at her.

"Shit- Paul. Let's be civil about thi–" Roni let out a scream as Paul lunged at her. The brunette girl ran as fast as she possibly could, praying that she could make it to the bonfire before Paul caught her. Roni thanked the gods as the light from the flames came into view. "Sam! Sam! Help!" Roni screamed as she ran out of the woods making everyone that sat around the bonfire look at her.

Sam gave her a confused face but chuckled when Paul came out of the woods a few second after her. Sam groaned as Roni jumped on his back, clinging to it like a koala. "He's gonna kill me! Call your dog off!" A few people chuckled.

"Get off of Sam." Paul stated as he stared at his sister, who's head rested on Sam's shoulder. "I'm not going to do anything. I just wanna talk."

"Yeah right! You look like you wanna throw me in the fire!" Roni yelled at her brother making Sam wince.

"Do you have to be so loud?" Sam asked making Roni mutter a quick 'sorry' before the male spoke again. "Paul. Leave your sister alone." Paul scoffed and walked over to Jared, sitting down next to him. "Roni. You can get off now."

"Right sorry." Roni nodded and climbed off the alphas back. Sitting in the furthest seat away from Paul, which happened to be Embry Call.

Roni didn't really know much about Embry. Other than him being in the pack, and that he used have World history with her before he quit going to school, she knew nothing.

"What did you do to him?" Embry asked as he stared at the fire infront of him.

"He was being a dumbass so i pushed him which caused him to trip over something." The two chuckled before Billy started telling the story of the Quileute ancestors. That's how every bonfire went. The same story was told, then everyone went their separate ways. Some went home, some stayed and socialized, but Roni always stayed because she never wanted to go home. There were even a few times when Emily found her passed out on one of the logs.

    .          .              .

As the story came to an end Roni cracked her neck making Embry look over at her. Roni didn't know why or how but the second their eyes met it felt like the voices faded out, her body felt on fire but in a good way, and the only person she could see was Embry.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." The voice of Paul Lahote snapped Roni out of her trance. She frowned as the feeling left her body. "Are you kidding me, Call?" Paul yelled as he started shaking.

"Embry, take her to Emily. Paul, lets go. Now!" Sam quickly pulled Paul away. Roni knew why he did that but she couldn't help but feel confused about what just happened between her and Embry.

"Come on." Embry quietly stated as he softly grabbed Roni's arm. The teen girl gasped as tingles filled the space where his hand was placed. "Sorry." Embry quickly apologized as he pulled his hand away.

"It's fine." Roni muttered as she walked to Sam and Emily's house. "I can find it on my own. Thanks though." Embry nodded before making his way over to where Sam had taken Paul. Roni's eyebrows furrowed as sadness filled her body. "What the hell?" Roni whispered before looking over at Embry as he walked away. The Lahote girl quickly shook her head and continued her walk to the Uley residence.