𝓲𝔁. matching teddy bears

written – 12.10.23  |  not edited

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16TH

RONI WAS CORRECT, SHE DID IN fact beat Embry as every two player game. Every game went the same, Roni would win and Embry would make up some excuse on how he lost.

"I think this is the most tickets i've ever seen anyone win before." Embry laughed as he watched Roni win another Jackpot. "We have be at atleast twenty-thousand by now."

"Nineteen-Thousand-Seven-Hundred and Eight-Six to be exact." Roni smiled as she picked up the tickets that came out of the game machine. "We are now ar a grand total of Twenty-One-Thousand-Two-Hundred and Eighty-Six." Roni grinned. "What? I take college level math."

"So you're some type of math genius."

"Yep." Roni stated popping the 'p' at the end of the word. "Now come on! We have prizes to redeem." Embry let out a rather loud laugh as Roni went to take a step but tripped over one of the ticket strands that hung. "You didn't see anything." Roni looked over at Embry.

"My eyes were closed." Roni smiled. "But before you trip again, let me take some of this tickets." Roni gladly let Embry take some of the many tickets she held in her arms.

"Oh Cindy! I hit a new record!" Cindy grinned as the two teens placed the tickets on the glass counter. "Twenty-One-Thousand-Two-Hundred and Eighty-Six."

"Damn girl. Alright what do you guys want?" Cindy asked as she looked at the two teens infront of her.

"Can we get the two matching teddy bears?" Embry asked as he pointed to the two teddy bears that sat on a shelf behind the woman.

"Here you go. That's leaves you with One-Thousand-Eighty-Two tickets." Roni looked at all the little prizes before pointing at the ring pops.

"Paul and Seth with kill me if I don't get them anything." Roni told Embry making him nod. "Four please." Cindy nodded and grabbed the candy. "Oh you know me so well!" Roni exclaimed as Cindy places two random ring pops and two cherry ring pops on the counter. "Your turn." Roni glanced over at Embry.

By the time the two were done choosing their prizes they had two teddy bears, eight ring pops, sixteen pieces of bubble gum, twenty-five dum-dum suckers and twelve spider rings.

"And that leaves you with three-hundred tickets."

"You want a slushy?" Roni asked Embry as she put a spider ring on her finger.

"I could go for a shushy." Embry nodded before Roni led him over to the food-mart. "Cherry please."

"You know me." Cindy chuckled and nodded before getting the two teens Cherry slushies.

"Here you go." The two teens grabbed their slushies before walking over to one of the small booths.

"Oh! Before we go we have to go to the photos booth!" Embry looked confused before Roni sighed. "It's tradition. Every time i bring someone we he go to the photo booth. As another photo I get to put another photo in my memory box." Embry nodded with a small smile. "I'm going to get some cheese fries. I'll be back."

"Cheese fires?" Cindy asked as she saw Roni walk up. Roni nodded her head with a proud grin making Cindy laugh. "Put your money away!" Cindy leaned over the counter and smacked the girls hand.

"But Cindy!"

"No buts! You've been coming her for nine years. The least I can do is huge you free tokens and some food." Roni sighed but nodded as she put her wallet away. "You've got yourself a good one, Roni."

"What?" Roni questioned as she jumped up on the counter.

"Embry. He's a good one. I can tell by the way he looked at you." Roni looked over at Embry to see him already looking at her. Roni blushed but didn't break eye contact. The way the L.E.D lights were hitting his skin made him look like he was sent by the gods. She was forced to break the eye contact when Cindy placed the cheese fries on the counter. "Go get your lover boy."

"He's not my lover boy." Roni whispered.

"Not yet." Cindy sent the girl a small smile before watching Roni walk away.

"I promise you, these are going to be the best cheese fires you will ever taste." Roni grinned as she approached the table.

"Even better than Emily's?"

"Even better than Emily's. But don't tell her I said that!" The two shared a laugh before digging into the cheese fries.