𝔁𝓲𝓿. hangout turned date

written - 12.12.33  |  not edited

THURSDAY, AUGUST 24TH

"HEY, EM!" RONI SMILED AS SHE CLOSED the door to Embrys truck.

Embry chuckled at the girls chipper mood before replying. "Hey, Roni? What's got you so happy today?"

"Oh nothing. It's just there is this new café that opened in forks and I was hoping we could go?" Roni looked over at the boy as he backed out of her driveway.

"Yeah. Of course." Embry smiled making Roni cheer. Embry let out a laugh before asking Roni where it was.

In the past few weeks the two teens got close. Roni didn't know why or how but she felt comfortable around him. The only guys she ever felt comfortable around were Sam, Paul, and Seth but that's because they were family to her. Roni was confused when the feelings every time she saw Embry started. Every time she say him she felt calm and collected. All the stress in her body left the minute she greeted him. The only emotion she felt when she was with him was happiness. When she had told Sam about these feelings he only chuckled and told her 'When you meet the one, you won't feel butterflies in your stomach, you'll just feel calm.' She was nervous. She had never felt those things before. Hell, she had never held hands with a boy other than her brother before.

Embry knew why she was feelings these things. And even if she didn't tell him about these feeling he knew they were there. As the two hung out more, Roni got more open to talking to him about personal things. She even let him read a few poems. That's how the imprint bond works whether they want it to or not. The bond filled their bodies with love and passion, whether it be slowly or it hits you like a bus all at once.

"So, how is Paul taking this. Now that he had some time to process it?" Roni knew what Embry was asking. He was asking if Paul has accepted that Embry imprinted on his little sister.

"He's taking it well. Better than I thought he would. I think Sam gave him the whole 'soulmate' speech." Roni stated as she looked out the window, watching the 'Forks' sign came into view.

"How are you taking it?" Roni was taken aback by Embry's question.

"Uh. I'm taking it well. I guess I've come to terms with it. It's not like I really have a choice." Roni shrugged before looking at Embry, seeing his eyebrows furrowed and his lips streched into a tiny frown. Roni shook her head with a small sigh before shaking her head. "I didn't mean it like that, Em."

"I know. You don't have to explain yourself to me, Roni." Embry stated as he stared at the road infront of him.

"I know I don't. It's just...Emily told me that the bond makes you feel things. And if never had these feelings before. If you didn't know I never really socialized as a kid and I never got to experience..." Roni trailed off.

"Love?" Embry questioned cautiously. He knew Roni didn't like talking about things like this.

"Yeah. The only person who ever really showed me love was Paul. But it was always brotherly love, even parentally love, you know? I've never felt was love feels like, and I'm scared." Roni muttered the last sentence but she knew Embry could her her normally due to his heighted senses. Embry reached over and grabbed the girls hand, intertwining their fingers.

"I've never felt what love feels like either, Roni. But i'm willing to figure out what it feels like if you are." Roni smiled softly and sqeezed Embry's hand lightly. She liked the fact that he always gave her options. Whether it be what food they got, what movie they watched, what music they listened to, and now it was what their relationship would turn into.

"I would like that." Embry grinned and quickly looked over at the girl before averting his eyes back to the road.

"Can I kiss your hand?" Embry asked making Roni's cheeks heat up slightly.

"Yeah. Now that we've talked about things we can take back that to intimate touch rule." Roni chuckled but stopped when Embry pulled their intertwined hands up to his lips and kissed the back of her hand. Roni couldn't help but blush as Embry lowered their hands back into her lap.

"What's on your mind?" Embry asked as he parked the car. "I know something is spinning in that beautiful head of yours."

"Can we count this as a date?" Roni asked quietly. She didn't know why she was scared to ask but she was.

"Of course." Embry stated, smiling softly. He loved when Roni got shy and quiet. Not because he hated her being confident and a personal comedian, no he loved that side of Roni. But he liked seeing this version of Roni because he got to see her true self. Not the happy, cheerful, confident mask she wore everyday. "Now come on, there is a carmel macchiato with my name written on it!" Roni laughed and nodded. As she went to open her door Embry quickly reached over and smacked her hand. "Hey! What the hell was that for!"

"Sorry! I didn't mean to smack you that hard!" Embry quickly dodged Roni's backhand. "I just wanted to open your door fo–Ow!" Embry winced as Roni's hand came in contact with his chest.

"Serves you right. Now come open my door like you said you were going to." Roni smirked before turning in her seat.

"How are you so tiny but pack such a powerful hit?" Embry muttered to himself as he got out of the car.

"Have you never heard the term 'tiny but mighty'? Plus I grew up with Paul, you kinda learn to hit fast and hard when he always want to wrestle to 'test my reflexes'." Roni and Embry laughed as they walked into the Café.