𝔁. girl + sam talk

written – 12.10.23 | not edited

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16TH

"I'M ASSUMING THE DATE WENT well?" Emily asked as Roni walked through the door with a small smile on her face.

"I've never been on a first date before. But that was the best first date i've ever been on." Roni smiled as she set her prizes on the table.

"What's that?" Sam asked as he stared at the pink teddy bear that sat on the table.

"He took me to the arcade! Can you believe that!" Sam and Emily laughed at the girl's excitement before sitting down at the table. "Oh it was so fun! I beat him at every game, obviously. But he was so nice. He even opened doors for me! Paul doesn't even do that and he's my brother. Oh! And i beat me new ticket record." Sam held his hand out for Roni to high-five him which she gladly did.

"When we were choosing our prizes he chose these matching teddy bears! I got the pink one because his favorite color is pink and he got the blue one because my favorite color is blue. Oh! And then we went to the photo booth. We both wanted to pay so we split it and both payed a dollar." Roni smiled as she pulled out her photo strip from her bag.

The first photo was Roni resting her head on Embrys shoulder while Embry rested his head on top of hers. The second photo was of the two doing funny faces. The third photo was Roni and Embry back-to-back with their hands up as imaginary guns. And the final photo was a photo of Roni kissing Embrys cheek while Embry grinned at the camera.

"Awe. I have to make a copy of these." Emily smiled as she leaned into Sam so he could see them.

"It's crazy how I thought this whole imprint thing would be overwhelming. Well, it was at first but now that we're actually acting on it. It feels amazing. It isn't awkward or anything like i expected it to be. It just feels...natural." Sam and Emily shared a look before looking back as Roni. The teen girl stared at the photo with a smile.

"Well we're glad your happy." Sam nodded his head with a small smile. Even though Paul always kept him on his toes, he always had a soft spot for the younger Lahote sibling. And so did Emily. The soon to be married couple thought of Roni as the daughter they always wanted.

"So am I. I haven't felt this alive since before terrance stared drinking." Roni sighed making the two adults frown. "But let's not talk about that. Did i mention i beat my high score?"

"Yes you did. But i think you're overtired so let's get you to sleep." Sam softly smiled as Roni let out a loud yawn and nodded. "You want me to carry you?"

"Will you? My feet are sore from playing Dance Dance Revolution." Sam let out a laugh as he set her on the couch and covered her with a blanket. "Goodnight, Roni"

"Goodnight, dad." Roni muttered before falling asleep,

"She called me dad." Sam looked over at Emily who's eyes went glossy. "She called me dad!"

"You don't know how many times i've heard her call you dad before. I just wanted you to find out on your own." Emily grabbed Sams hand and pulled him to their bedroom. "But come on. I'm tired." Sam chuckled but followed his fiancé,