𝓿. rough night

written – 12.10.23 | not edited

FRIDAY, AUGUST 11TH

RONI SIGHED IN RELIEF AS SHE let her hair out of the uncomfortable hairnet. Roni groaned as she scratched her scalp, euphoria filling her body as her nails trailed around her head. Roni quickly checked her phone before she got on her bike.

—————————————————————

( SENT AT 7:45 PM ) PERSONAL BODYGUARD:
Dad's drinking again. Don't go home.

( SENT AT 7:45 PM ) PERSONAL BODYGUARD:
I'm at Jared's place.

( SENT AT 8:54 PM ) PERSONAL REALITY CHECK:
i just got off work. i'm gonna see if emily is still up.

( SENT AT 9:02 PM ) PERSONAL REALITY CHECK:
emily and sam are out on a date.

( SENT AT 9:03 PM ) PERSONAL BODYGUARD:
Just come to Jared's. You can have the couch.

—————————————————————

( SENT AT 9:04 PM ) RONI:
hey. are you up?

( SENT AT 9:05 PM ) WOLF BOY:
Yeah. Why? What's up?

( SENT AT 9:06 PM ) RONI:
i need a place to stay because emily and sam are having a date night and i'm not going to listen to jared and kim fuck all night.

( SENT AT 9:07 PM ) WOLF BOY:
You know where i live. Knock on the back door.

—————————————————————

( SENT AT 9:08 PM ) PERSONAL REALITY CHECK:
i'm not going to listen to kim and jared fuck all night. i can't drown them out like you do.

( SENT AT 9:08 PM ) PERSONAL REALITY CHECK:
i'm going to embrys. and yes, i'll make him take the floor.

( SENT AT 9:10 PM ) PERSONAL BODYGUARD:
If i find out he did anything he's dead.

( SENT AT 9:11 PM ) PERSONAL REALITY CHECK:
yes i know paulina.

( SENT AT 9:11 PM ) PERSONAL REALITY CHECK:
alright i'm gonna go now because i look like a dumbass just standing here.

—————————————————————

( SENT AT 9:12 PM ) RONI:
leaving now.

—————————————————————

"Thank you." Roni sighed as the warmth of inside hit her skin. "Sorry for just barging in like this."

"You're not barging in. You can shower if you want and i have a shirt and sweatpants you can wear." Embry told her as they walked into his room. Whatever Roni expected his room to be, it was the opposite. There were no half naked girl posters, no explicit magazines anywhere, there was nothing in that nature. Only movie posters, books, and photos of the pack all together.

"Woah! I can't believe you have this!" Roni smiled as she picked up a photo that was sat on top of his dresser. It was a photo of the first ever bonfire she attended. She couldn't have been older than ten in the photo. Jared, Paul, Jacob, and Leah sat on a log while Seth, Roni, Embry, and Quil sat infront of them on the grass. Jared and Paul were making funny faces, Embry was holding up a peace sign, Leah had a scowl on her face like she didn't want to be there, Quil and Jacob had smiles on their faces, while Roni had her arm around Seth, both of them had the biggest grins of their face. "I thought the photo got lost."

"Nope. I found it while looking through my moms photo book one day." Embry chuckled as he stood next to her.

"Oh my gosh! Look at your braces!" Roni laughed making Embry roll his eyes.

"You have no room to talk! Look at your pigtails!" Embry pointed at the photo.

"Hey! That was all Sam! I remember i was always forcing him to do my hair. Even though he only knew how to do pigtails or a ponytail." Roni smiled softly at the memory.

"I think I have a copy somewhere. You can have it if you want."

"No. I'll lose it." Roni shook her head. "But please direct me to your shower. I smell like grease and deep fried fish." Embry chuckled and walked over to his bed, grabbing the outfit.

"Towels are in the hall closet. And my bathroom in right across the hall." Embry pointed to where everything was.

"You have your own bathroom?" Roni asked as she raised a brow at the boy standing infront of her.

"Technically, it's just a shower and a sink. But i guess." Embry shrugged. "You go shower, and i'll start getting my makeshift bed ready."

"You don't have to sleep on the floor. You have a queen sized bed, we can both fit on it." Roni stated making Embry pause. "No I don't want to fuck you."

"I wasn't thinking that. I was just going to ask if you were comfortable with that." Embry held his hands up in defense.

"I wouldn't have asked if i wasn't. But if you have any extra pillows i'll gladly take them." Roni's lips twitched upwards before she walked over to the bathroom.

Embry smiled as the bathroom door shut. We're making progress, he thought to himself before walking over to his closet and grabbing out some of the pillows he had laying in there.