𝓿𝓲𝓲𝓲. first date

written – 12.10.23  |  not edited

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16TH

—————————————————————

( SENT AT 5:10 PM ) RONI:
just getting off work, heading now.

( SENT AT 5:10 PM ) RONI:
don't forget. 6.

( SENT AT 5:15 PM ) WOLF BOY:
Yes. 6 o'clock. Nothing earlier, nothing later.

( SENT AT 5:16 PM ) RONI:
just making sure you remembered. see you later em.

( SENT AT 5:18 PM ) WOLF BOY:
See you layer, Roni. :)

—————————————————————

EMBRY PLACED HIS PHONE ON his bed before he continued to pace around his room. What if i fuck up? We are doing so good right now! Embry thought to himself before grabbing his phone again.

—————————————————————

( SENT AT 5:21 PM ) EMBRY:
Sam! Is there anything I need to know about Roni before I pick her up?

( SENT AT 5:24 PM ) SAM:
Roni told me to send you this if you texted me.

( SENT AT 5:25 PM ) SAM:
"stop asking people for advice on what to do. be original. just be yourself."

( SENT AT 5:27 PM ) EMBRY:
Thanks a lot, Sam.

—————————————————————

( SENT AT 5:27 PM ) CALL:
Paul! Is there anything I need to know about Roni before I pick her up?

( SENT AT 5:28 PM ) PAUL:
stop asking people for advice on what to do. be original. just be yourself.

( SENT AT 5:29 PM ) CALL:
Oh Jesus Christ!

—————————————————————

( SENT AT 5:31 PM ) EMBRY:
Emily! Is there anything I need to know about Roni before picking her up?

( SENT AT 5:34 PM ) BEST CHEF EVER:
Sorry, Embry.

( SENT AT 5:34 PM ) EMBRY:
Emily.

( SENT AT 5:34 PM ) EMBRY:
Don't.

( SENT AT 5:34 PM ) EMBRY:
You.

( SENT AT 5:34 PM ) EMBRY:
Dare.

( SENT AT 5:36 PM ) BEST CHEF EVER:
stop asking people for advice on what to do. be original. just be yourself.

—————————————————————

( SENT AT 5:40 PM ) RONI'S BF:
Seth Clearwater.

( SENT AT 5:42 PM ) LITTLE WOLF:
stop asking people for advice on what to do. be original. just be yourself.

( SENT AT 5:43 PM ) RONI'S BF:
Go fuck your self, Clearwater!

—————————————————————

EMBRY GROANED AND RAN A HAND down his face before setting his phone down. She really went to everyone huh? Embry thought to himself before shaking his head with a smile.

"I'll be back later." Embry kissed his mothers cheek before walking out the door.

Embry smiled as he saw Roni standing outside her house, eating for him. "Wow. Six right on the dot. I'm impressed." Roni smiled as she got into the car.

"Honestly, same. I thought I was going to be late." Embry shook his head while Roni smiled as she looked out the window.

"I was just kidding you know. You could have been a few minutes late. I wouldn't have cared." Embry shrugged as he took a quick glance at Roni.

"I didn't want to disappoint you on our first date."

"Well you certainly didn't." Roni chuckled before looking over at Embry. "Look i'm going to be completely honest with you. I've never been on a date before, so i have no idea what i'm doing."

"That's fine. Just think of it as a hangout, but with feelings involved." Roni nodded and looked out the front window, watching as he pulled into 'Forks Retro Arcade'.

"Did you get one of the guys or Emily to crack?" Roni asked with a grin as Embry parked the car.

"No. Why?" Embry asked as he looked over at the girl. Before she could answer he quickly got out of the truck and ran around the front of the car. opening Roni's door.

"This is like my favorite place ever! Well, besides Sam and and Emily's house." Roni told Embry as she got of the car. "I'm so beating you at every two player game."

"We'll see about that." Embry jokingly scoffed as they walked inside. Embry holding the door for her, obviously.

"Well is it isn't my favorite player!" The voice of Cindy LaCraw was heard as Roni walked in the door. "Oh! Who's this?"

"Hey Cindy! This is Embry, he's my date for the night." Roni gave Cindy a hug before standing beside Embry.

Cindy lightly gasped with a wide smile on her face before looking at Embry. "You hurt her, I hurt you."

"I have no intentions of hurting Roni. Not like I could even if i wanted to." Embry muttered the last part, earning a elbow to the rib. Cindy gave him a smile before grabbing something behind the counter.

"I've been saving these for the next time you came in." Cindy handed Roni a bag of tokens making Roni grin. "Now go have fun!"

"You come here a lot dont you?" Embry asked as he followed Roni to the games.

"Of course. I came her a lot as a kid. It was my escape from home." Roni shrugged, not realizing what she was saying before it was too late. "Ignore what I just said. Come on, I'm so beating you at Dance Dance Revolution!" Embry smiled as she grabbed his hand and led him over to the game machine, even though he couldn't get her words out of his head.