𝓲𝓲𝓲. questions and answers

written – 12.9.23 | not edited
WARNINGS: mentions of suicide

FRIDAY, AUGUST 11TH

EMBRY SENT RONI A SMILE SMILE as he slid into the seat across from her. "Look, i'm just going to get straight to the point. I'm going to ask some questions, and you're going to answer." Roni stated as she stared at him. Embry nodded, waiting for her questions. If there was one thing Embry learned about Roni Lahote in the very few conversations he'd had with her over the years, she didn't like beating around the bush, she liked to keep things straightforward.

"Are me and you soulmates?"

"Yes."

"Do we have to be together?"

"Not necessarily."

"So you can be my friend or protector instead of my boyfriend?"

"Yes."

"If we didn't start seeing eachother we would feel it?"

"Yes."

"Would you actually kill yourself if I reject the bond?"

"Everyone reacts differently."

"Would you like for us to be together?"

"Only if you do." Embry stated making Roni bite back a smile. She liked the fact that he was smart, that he was paying attention to her words unlike everyone else,

"I'm not saying i'm opposed to being together. You seem like a great guy," Embry smiled making Roni laugh. "I just don't like the idea of not having control over my own love life" Roni sighed before taking a drink of her milkshake.

Embry nodded understandably. "I understand that. All i'm asking is that you give us a chance. Let me take you out a few dates and if you don't want it you can reject the bond and we can move on." Roni furrowed her eyebrows at Embrys words.

"But won't that hurt you?" Roni questioned. Is he really willing to take physical pain and maybe even suicide for me? Roni through before Embry spoke.

"Yes. But I don't want to cause you any suffering. I don't want you to feel as though your trapped in a relationship you don't want." Roni groaned as she rest her head in her hands making Embry panic slightly. Did i say something wrong? He thought to himself.

"Let me get this straight...Me and you have never talked other than a few awkward and forced small talks but you're willing to take physical pain for me? Maybe even suicide?" Roni questioned making Embry nod.

"if it means you get to live life happily, then yes." Embry stated making Roni lips twitch upward.

"You're something else." Roni chuckled as she looked out the window. "I can't believe i'm about to say this...Fine." When she looked at Embry and saw his confused face she continued. "I will agree to a few dates. I'm not going to reject the bond, but if i feel nothing after those few dates we can be friends." Roni sighed while Embry grinned. "Stop smiling. Every time you smile I get all giddy inside." Embry stopped smiling.

"Three dates. That's all you get. I won't count hangouts as dates but you get three dates. That's it. So make it worth my time." Roni sent the boy infront of her a tight lipped smile before the waitress walked over.

"Can i get you another milkshake?" Roni shook her head. "Alright then. I'll get you the bill."

"I got it." Embry pulled out his wallet making Roni scoff.

"Absolutely not. I can pay for my own things." Embry stared at her for a minute before putting his wallet back in his pocket. "If we are going to going on dates and hanging around eachother, we need some boundaries."

"Here you go." The waitress smiled before walking away.

"One, No intimate physical contact. Hand holding and maybe cheek kisses are okay but anything other then that is a no until i say that it's okay. Two, i pay for my own things. I understand that its a manly thing to do, but i can pay for my own things. I don't work two jobs for nothing. Three, plans need to be set to fit in my schedule. I will not be giving up a shift or leaving early for anybody. I didn't even leave work when Paul fell off our roof and got rushed to the emergency room." Roni grimaced at the memory of seeing Paul laying in a hospital bed. "And Four, don't stand me up. I will kill you, not because you hurt my feelings but because you made me look like an idiot."

"All very understandable boundaries." Embry nodded with a small smile. "How about next Wednesday?"

"I get off work at five. So come around six because i'll need to shower and get ready. I don't have my phone on me right now so ask Jared for my number."

"Why does Jared have your number?" Embry questioned.

"Because before he was a smoking hot werewolf he was a big dumb dumb and didn't know how to do calculus." Roni chuckled before seeing Embrys face. "I'm sorry for calling Jared smoking hot."

"It's fine. I can't help my emotions." Embry stated making Roni nod. "But i'll text you about the details after you get home."

"Alright let's go. You're walking me home though." Embry shook his head with a laugh. "What? If you wanna date me you gotta be a gentleman."