𝓿𝓲𝓲. work friend

written – 12.10.23  |  not edited

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16TH

( SENT AT 11:02 AM ) WOLF BOY:
You still up for that date today?

( SENT AT 11:05 AM ) RONI:
yeah. pick me up around six

( SENT AT 11:05 AM ) RONI:
what should i wear?

( SENT AT 11:07 AM ) WOLF BOY:
We are going to be inside but it might get warm.

( SENT AT 11:08 AM ) RONI:
okay. do i need to wear anything nice?

( SENT AT 11:08 AM ) WOLF BOY:
Definitely not.

( SENT AT 11:09 AM ) RONI:
okay good. i don't have anything nice lol

( SENT AT 11:17 AM ) RONI:
yeah. don't reply to me. real nice.

( SENT AT 11:18 AM ) WOLF BOY:
Sorry, I was taking out the trash.

( SENT AT 11:19 AM ) WOLF BOY:
Have a good day at work!

( SENT AT 11:21 AM ) RONI:
thanks! i'll see you later. bye em!

( SENT AT 11:22 AM ) WOLF BOY:
Bye Roni!

RONI SMILED AT HER PHONE BEFORE putting it in her back pocket. In her opinion things were going good with Embry. Embry brought her food a few times on her break while working at the garage, which she appreciated. He never let her give him the money for the food though, always making up some excuse that he had to leave when he saw her walk over to her bag. Which she appreciated a lot less.

It had only been a few days and she was already starting to like Embry more. She could still remember the look on his face when she told him she considered him her friend. It was like a kid in a candy store. And no matter how many times Roni told him to stop smiling, he still grinned his eye to eye smile.

"Hey Trever." Roni smiled as she set her bag in thr break room. "Any appointments today?"

"You have Mr. Miller with a broken tail light at two-forty-five and Mr.Daniels who needs a oil change at four-fifteen. Other than that it's all walk-ins." Roni nodded as she put her hair up into a messy bun.

Roni quickly made her way over to her station, pressing the red button that made the large garage door open. Roni winced at the sound, no matter how many times she heard it, it always made her ears ring. "Jesus, we need some wd-40."

"How's it hanging, little one?" Jordan asked as he walked over to Roni, who was sat on a stool organizing her tools. Jordan was in his mid-twenties, had black and blonde dreadlocks that fell to mid-back, he also had some bright pink sunglasses sat on the bridge of his nose.

"Hey Jordan!" Roni smiled and wrapped an arm around the older guys waist, giving him a quick side hug as he stepped next to her. "I didn't know you were working today!"

"Had to pick up some extra shifts. You know how it is." Jordan shrugged making Roni nod. "But anyways! You got anything exciting going on in your life?"

"I made a new friend!" Jordan looked at her shocked making her slap his arm. "I'm very likeable for your information."

"Yeah, like the sound of an engine breaking down." Roni scoffed and lightly shoved him away making Jordan laugh. "I'm just kidding. But who is the is new friend?"

"Embry Call. You might know him, he lives on my reservation." Jordan thought for a moment before nodding his head.

"Yeah, i've heard of him. So how did you two become friends?"

"He asked me out on a date, but i told him i wasn't ready to date anyone yet." Roni quickly lied. If there was one thing Roni Lahote was good at, it was lying through her damn teeth. "But we are going out on a date tonight."

"Really? Wow, i never thought i'd see the day where Roni Lahote went out on a date." Jordan shook his head. "So where is he taking you?"

"I'm not sure. All i know is that we are going to be indoors. But enough about me! How are you and Samantha?" Roni asked, but quickly frowned as Jordan's eyes softened slightly. "Oh no! What happened? I was rooting for you two!"

"Nothing happened. It's just we both had different ideas about the future so we went out separate ways." Jordan shrugged. "But it's fine. The gods knew we weren't right for eachother."

"Well i hope you find the one soon. And i expect a invite to your wedding!" Roni told him before a woman walked in. "I got this one." Jordan nodded and walked back to his station. "Hello ma'am. What can I do for you today?"

"My boyfriend told me I'm in desperate need of an oil change." The woman chuckled.

"That's no problem. I can get you in and out of here within twenty minutes." The woman smiled. "I just need you keys and you can go wait in the waiting room."

"It's the red jeep, it's hard to miss" The woman handed Roni her keys before walking over to the door to the waiting room.