Chapter 5

After choosing beekeeping as my extracurricular activity and sending Thing on a mission to follow Rowan, I walk in Botanical Sciences and meet Thing behind a plant.

"How do you lose him in a bathroom with no windows? A lefty wouldn't have failed me." I whisper to Thing.

"Don't sulk." I add as he cowers pathetically. "I'm going to have to find new evidence myself, since you're the one who lost our only lead."

Just as I say the last part, Bianca walks by.

"I see you finally made a friend. Even if it is a plant." Bianca smirks.

"I go for quality over quantity." I retort, internally rolling my eyes.

Bianca turns away with no response, and I walk to the desks to find a seat. Xavier offers for me to take the seat next to his, but I decline, ignoring his obvious deflation. Instead I walk over to Autumn, someone I was growing attatch- tolerable to.

"Is this seat taken?" I ask, even though it quite obviously isn't.

"No." Her eyes glitter in amusement as I take the seat beside her. What was so funny? I was in an irritable mood, and being around Autumn was always .... intense, which I didn't have time for.

I turn to look her once over, having not seen her since yesterday. And also because you like looking at her because she is prett- nice to look at and you like her clothing style, an unfamiliar voice speaks in my head, but I ignore it, shoving it down quickly.

She was wearing (options below or your own imagination:)

As the class begins Bianca and I go back and forth over our knowledge on the subject, until Ms Thornhill puts a polite end to it

As the class begins Bianca and I go back and forth over our knowledge on the subject, until Ms Thornhill puts a polite end to it. I feel Autumn's smile beside me, and I turn and smile at her-

Wait what-? I quickly scowl and rip my gaze away from her, but not before I see her adorable flushed face. Once I have composed myself I turn back to her.

"I'm going back to the forest to explore the area where Rowan died to try to find something. I was wondering if you wanted to ... accompany me." I whisper awkwardly to Autumn. I didn't do awkward, but something about being around her was making me feel ... off. I didn't like it. Yet I was craving her attention and company constantly. And her small smiles, her green eyes, her wavy brunette hair that I had grown accustomed to- well, there was no denying that she was a tolerable human... one that I ... enjoyed being around. I wanted her to be with me when I went to go investigate.

I waited for her response with bated breath, feeling unusually nervous at my new realisations.

Instead of answering, Autumn's lips morphed into a smirk as she raised one eyebrow. She leaned in closer, her sweet scent surrounding me. I panicked and leaned backwards, not used to being so close to her pretty, freckled face.

"You feeling nervous around me, Addams?" Smugness seeped into her voice, her sweet, cool breath dancing across my face.

"Absolutely not." I denied immediately, frowning and glancing quickly at Ms Thornhill. Thankfully we were at the back of the class, so she wasn't paying attention to us, and how close Autumn was to me. We were so close, that if I leaned in a little further I could place my lips against hers, and finally feel what they felt like, and taste her. My cheeks grew warm at my out of control thoughts, and I quickly tried to gain composure, but unfortunately Autumn caught sight of my flushed face.