Chapter 14

"Principle Weems, it is imperative I speak with you about Dr Kinbott." I stride into Weems' office, Autumn following by my side. 

"Wednesday. We were just talking about you." Weems smiles. 

"Speak of the devil." Dr Kinbott's voice sounds from behind us, holding a tray filled with tea. 

"And she shall appear." I mumble. 

"Dr Kinbott was just discussing your assessment. I need to sign off on it before she hands it off to the court." Weems answers as Dr Kinbott places the tray down on the desk. 

"Well, what's the verdict, Doctor? Am I cured?" I ask plainly. 

"I'm glad you find it amusing. The judge assigned to your case won't." She snaps. 

"I've explained to Dr Kinbott that you've recently been taking small but meaningful steps towards embracing your new Nevermore family." Weems continues. 

"Yes, she's actually reached the hugging stage." Autumn pipes in. Weems glares at her, making a gesture towards the door, showing that she should leave the room, but I wrap my hand around her waist, tugging her closer to me. I wanted her here. 

"I've been reading about hypnotherapy. I think it might be a good technique to unlock my inner Wednesday. Are you a devotee?" I ask, prompting clues out of her. 

"Yes, very much so. I applaud your new willingness to delve deep into yourself. I'm seeing you on Monday. We can start then." Dr Kinbott smiles, taking a sip of her tea. 

"What did you so urgently need to discuss, Wednesday?" Weems asks, turning back to me. 

"It can wait. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some homework I need to finish." I mutter, dragging Autumn out with me. (A/N: I feel like Wednesday's love language is dragging Autumn around with her, wanting her with her 24/7)

- time skip to Autumn, Uncle Fester and Wednesday sitting in the Weathervane -

(Some options for Autumn's outfit)

I'm reading through Faulkner's diary with Autumn, my Uncle sitting across from us, drinking the ketchup bottle

"Kinbott has to be Xavier's master. The Hyde lays dormant until unleashed by traumatic event or unlocked through chemical inducement or hypnosis." I read, before looking up at my uncle. 

"Are you listening?" I ask, irritated. He puts the ketchup down. 

"She must have figured out he's a Hyde and used hypnotherapy to unlock him." Autumn murmurs, leaning on my shoulder sleepily. The past few days had been a lot for her, taking in all the stress and emotions from everyone. She wasn't getting enough sleep, and I was beginning to worry. "That would explain their secret sessions." 

"I think the kid behind the counter has clocked me." Uncle Fester gestures to Tyler. "Yeah. He's walking over. I'm going to put him in a Romanian sleep hold."