17

"You pinky promise?"

I leave the room in shock and silence, and walk to my room. I enter the room, the cold medicine numbing the aching the pain in my head. I lie down on the bed, cuddling with my stuffed animal, bunny.

What, why, who, how?

Are the thoughts in my head. I thought that Allistar had people protecting him, why does he need a weapon? Especially in his own house?

Were there more in the house that I didn't know about?

I get up and check my bedside table, then my drawers and closet.

There's nothing in here..?

Then why only in his room? The thoughts made my brain hurt, I realized that if I were to tell him, he would get mad for me being in his room!

This is a secret... a secret I have to keep..

As if on cue, Allistar knocks on my door, causing me to jump with bunny in my hands.

"C-come in!"

The door opens, and the male that has peaked my interest walks through my door. His tall stature looks at me, slightly confused.

"Why did you sound so scared? Did I startle you?" His deep voice asked.

"Yeah.. a little. But I'm fine!" I squeak out.

"Ok.. well your food is ready. I just wanted to come to your room to see if you were sleeping.."

I nod my head, and get off my bed while the door closes. I look at my self in my dresser mirror, fixing my hair slightly, before leaving my bedroom.

I go downstairs, entering the kitchen.

"Allistar, I have a question.."

Authors POV

He turns around to face you.

"What is it sweetheart?"

You gulp. It's a risky question.

"If you have all those people protecting you outside, then what protects you at home..?"

You hoped for him to answer the question.

He thinks for awhile, how does he answer the question in the most innocent way possible..?

"I can protect myself at home darling. I don't need anybody here. I make sure I have people outside because people sometimes try to hurt me." He explains.