84

Loud sounds of falling objects could be heard, followed by cheers of victory that reverberated throughout the battlefield.

After Izuku went to attack the last giant, the remaining Hunters could only watch him in action since they had no chance to interfere. Unlike Izuku's immortal army, they would probably hurt or die if they were hit by a stray attack from the mages. Moreover, with the terrifying power that the giants possessed, they would probably be immediately annihilated with just one hit, just like what happened to Izuku's soldiers.

Ignoring the commotion, Izuku stared at the giant's body and the notification screen floating in front of him before turning his gaze to the unclosed gate behind the giant. He didn't even notice the Hunters who came after him. He only realized it when he felt a surge of mana from Liu Zhigang directed at him.

It didn't take long for the Hunters to arrive. Ichirou and Touya also immediately approached Izuku. But before they could go any further, they could feel the immense mana coming from the giant's body which made them alert again.

However, the enemy they expected did not move and was replaced by the appearance of Beru, who was covered in blood from the giant's mouth.

" My Liege, it's me "

Once they realized that it was just one of Izuku's shadow soldiers, the hunters immediately lowered their guard a little.

" it's you, Beru "

Seeing Beru's appearance like that made the other hunters feel horrified when they felt the amount of magic energy from the giant even though he was dead. However, they were again shocked by a stormy wave of magic energy coming from the gate which also absorbed the giant's mana.

Sensing the mana storm, the Hunters immediately created a mana shield around them. However, the shield still couldn't protect them, so some of them were almost blown away, and some were injured as a result. Luckily Izuku's shadow soldiers were still around and thanks to them they created a line of protection so that the casualties did not increase.

Even so, they could still feel the effects of the mana wave which made most of the A-rank Hunters below them unable to move. The waves even left scratches on Izuku's face.

Seeing this, those who were still standing concluded that this raid was still not finished, and there was still something waiting for them in the dungeon.

Realizing the situation they were in, Izuku then turned to Ichirou who was also behind him. He also realized what Izuku meant and immediately nodded before turning his gaze to the Hunters.

" We will form a small team consisting of S-rank hunters to go in and check inside, the rest will guard outside. "

After giving his instructions, Ichirou looked at Touya and Liu Zhigang before turning back to Izuku who also responded with a nod. After receiving confirmation from those people, Ichirou then took the lead and led them into the gate.

" Let's go "

*
*
*

As soon as they entered, they were greeted with a very large hallway which was also filled with carvings similar to a castle hallway. Seeing its size, it doesn't seem strange since those who pass through this place are giants.

But what greeted them was not only the room but also the sinister laughter that echoed throughout the hall. The echo of laughter also carried waves of mana that could make a Hunter rank B and below tremble, or even faint.

Just from this alone, they could tell that the opponents waiting for them were stronger than the giants outside. Swallowing his nervousness, Ichirou returned to the lead.