The same hat

"The green hat looks good on you"she said putting it on the
head of the boy..

The boy blushed. A little shy. Of course the favour of the beauty was worth it,right?

"Let's go. I would take you to see something"he said and pulled her to show her the room decorated with expensive gifts he had bought..

But the lady looked around a little lost. Where was she in all these gifts? His friends,his family,his career,his everything. And where was she?

Yes. She was fond of this boy. Something about his silence attracted him. May be a hidden memory. Or a face that was constantly overlapping with him? The way he spoke? What was it? She could never understand. But she was fond of this boy,who had come to her cafe and had asked her out on a date.

But she did not see,the man standing a little afar,with a flower. He had looked at her,getting down from the expensive ride. And had left.

The lady sat in daze. As his groups of friends surrounded her. In the crowd of people she was getting lost. Who was she? Was she just his girlfriend?

She asked herself alone that night.

And in her room,decorated with small soft toys and stars,she fell asleep. Dreaming of someone coming to her cafe and scolding her may be.

But it felt good to be in care of him. He was always caring. Calling her every hour. Asking her about her days.

But wait.

She stood still as the crystal jar kept on the table crashed.  She had not answered her phone. She was going through a rough phase. It happened with her. He did not care. His mother had come and threatened her,to ruin her little cafe that she had build with a lot of care.

And she had even brought quite a lot of people alongside. Her cafe lied in shambles. They had broken the old dreamcatcher that she had as gift. And every piece of cutlery that she had tried her best to collect. She had got her knife from her teacher. That too was broken. Along with an old piece that she had found. A prince in white and a princess in blue dancing inside a snow globe. It was an old piece. May be his grandfather had gifted it to his grandmother..

Everything was broken. As much as she was. She never thought,the kind smiles of the woman she had wanted to call mother would do this. She had called her a greedy monster. Trying to destroy her perfect son.

She had stood in silence. And picked up the pieces. Until she reached there. Where that piece of snow globe lied. There was something about it. That pulled her in. She picked it up.

And kept looking. It looked like the prince and princess in the snowglobe were alive. As if she was the prince. Yes. Her face was resembling the prince. She thought may be her grandfather looked like her and put it down..

She had walked back home. Tired of all that. But soon. He came. Instead of comforting her,he had picked up his phone and shown her the leaked pictures of them. And asked her. Was it her? She stood dazed. Was he the man she was fond of? Why was everything so different from her wish.