Denial

"Tell me,you love me"he asked them again..

They stood silent,bowing their heads. As if they had lost their tongues.

He laughed sardonically. Looking at their silence.

"How much would you run away from your feelings,that lies in your hearts,as open books? How long would you indulge yourself in this?"he asked again..

Still silence is all that he got.

"You know. I did not get you here as punishment. I brought you here to keep you safe"he added as he sat,tired.

"We are obliged to master for that. We would never forget this act of kindness. We would be forever loyal to master"the eldest said.

He laughed out loud.

"You would be loyal to me? But won't accept you love me. What kind of loyalty is this?"he asked.

"The loyalty of a servant to master. Master should marry them,the perfect Queens. They have everything master needs. They can give master children. They can give master company.  And it would serve as a political move to unite the world too" the most learned one said.

He looked at them one by one. From the quietest one to the smiling and gentle one. The princesses of the kingdom of Mazes. They had been punished by Karma and their magic crystals were gone. Or it can be said. To keep them alive,he had choose to take away the magic crystals in them.

It's said. Heaven's wrath,only Heaven can save. He had taken them away with him. They had been with him. As he began walking towards the process of unification of the kingdom.

"As you wish. I would marry. Arrange for my marriage"he said as he lied down tiredly.

Closing his eyes.

May be it was his fault.  That he fell in love with them. The eight people he should have never met second time.

One was lost. In her so called kingdom. Chasing after a man who was not even willing to care for her. And called him brother. And even greedy monster and whatnot. Trying to snatch her kingdom away. And they were there. Sinking in the pool of guilt..

He just lied,wondering. May be he was not worth loving. It was TRUE.

Otherwise,with so much honesty.  They still could not move forward. They could not accept that it meant nothing to him. Even if they killed him. He would be happy to die. Still would love them the same.

Did he really need to marry countless princesses to save the world. No. He didn't. He need not to. But if they think it is the way. Then so be it.

But the ending. He knew. The ones who would be hurt would be them. He and all of them. He could see it. Clearly.

Still. He accepted. The denial. And walked step by step towards his own doom.

They stood outside the room,as he laid alone. He never looked at any women. He never touched anyone else. He could never love anyone else. 

The petty politics of small kingdoms. The cruel laughter. The treacherous hearts. He stood silently. Doing his duty.

And they watched.

Still in denial..

The Echos of longingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें