CHAPTER-24 (My Wife)

Back with the update!🥸👍🏻
Next chapter is published on Scrollstack and it's free for my followers, so make sure to follow me there🥀

Also, I want comments bhai🥲. You guys don't even tell me that how's the chapter and all. I'm telling these all things demotivate me a lot.

2500+ Words... Enjoy!!!

It's morning and all the ladies along with me are at the kitchen cooking food for the day

It's morning and all the ladies along with me are at the kitchen cooking food for the day. Today, it's a special day for these village people as at this day only there village was established on this ground.

"Zoya, pass me the box of salt" Said Jannat's mother to me.

I passed her the box of salt. Though, I don't knew much about cooking but I know the basics of cooking. Like, I have seen Preeti making food and about some basics, I knew it by myself.

"What's this?" I asked Urwa's mother who was making something, I was not familiar with.

"It's called Sevai" She said.

[Sevai is a sweet dish made on special occasions.]

"Sevai?"

"Yes, it's a sweet dish and we make it on auspicious occasions" She said and I give her an 'o' look.

"Do you know how to cook?" She asked me.

"Not properly. But I know the basics of cooking" I said.

"It's important for girls to know how to cook" She said.

Again that old culture thinking. To be honest, at the starting I was able to bear all this but know I am just tired. Tired a lot hearing the same thing all the day, all the night basically always that girls should do this and that.

I didn't respond to her because if I would I know I'll be messing up and no way I wanted to hurt Urwa's mother.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you" She said smilingly and in return I too gave her a smile.

Fake smile.

"Urwa is nowhere to be seen. Did she go somewhere?" I asked Urwa's mother.

"Yes. She and her friends are busy in decorations" She said.

"Can I accompany them?" I asked her but before Urwa's mother could say a word someone interrupted in between and said - "It'll be better for you to stay here. You're a woman not a girl who'll do those silly things!" She said and then continued cutting her vegetables.

That was rude. I was just asking because with them I enjoy the most rather than being here.

I didn't say anything and decided to chop some tomatoes which were kept on the table in a basket.

"You weren't supposed to chop those tomatoes!" Said a woman pushing me aside.

"I was just trying to he---" She didn't let me complete and said - "nobody asked for it"