2

The next day, Mirae found herself pleasantly surprised when Jungkook obediently got ready for school without any fuss

The next day, Mirae found herself pleasantly surprised when Jungkook obediently got ready for school without any fuss. Normally, he would always ask for an extra five minutes of sleep, much to Mirae's chagrin.

"Jungkook-ah, you're up so early and ready for school," Mirae exclaimed, unable to hide her astonishment. "What's gotten into you?"

Jungkook shifted nervously, a sheepish grin on his face. "I... I just wanted to be a good boy for my little one," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Mirae's heart melted at his words. She knelt down in front of him, her eyes filled with love and pride. "Oh, Jungkook-ah," she said, her voice soft, "I'm so proud of you."

As Jungkook stood at the door, ready to leave for school, he nervously glanced back at his mother, Mirae, who was waiting with him for the school bus to arrive.

"Eomma, I'll be fine boarding the school bus alone. You should go inside," he said, his voice betraying his nerves.

But Mirae shook her head, her maternal instincts kicking in. "I'll wait with you until the bus arrives," she insisted, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Jungkook's heart sank. He had a mischievous plan in mind, and he needed Mirae to leave. "No, eomma, really, I can do it on my own. You should go in," he said, pushing her gently towards the door.

 You should go in," he said, pushing her gently towards the door

"No, kookie. I can't let you stand at the door alone. What if something happens?", Mirae worriedly asked.

"Eomma, I'm good! Do you think I'm not a grown enough baby? Do you want me to be a small baby always?", he pouted and asked.

Mirae narrowed her eyes, 'Something is off.', she thought.

"Are you sure, Jungkook-ah?" she asked, her voice tinged with suspicion.

Jungkook nodded eagerly, his mind racing with excitement. "Yes, eomma, I'll be fine. You should go in," he repeated, pushing her again, this time more forcefully.

Reluctantly, Mirae went inside, but she couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. She peeped through the peephole, watching Jungkook.

3...