13

Jungkook woke up the next morning, his head pounding and his mouth dry

Jungkook woke up the next morning, his head pounding and his mouth dry. As he blinked the sleep from his eyes, he noticed a note on the bedside table. He reached for it and read Y/n's familiar handwriting.

"Take some aspirin and drink the hangover soup. Speaking from your experience, it helps."

Jungkook chuckled softly, a sense of deja vu washing over him

Jungkook chuckled softly, a sense of deja vu washing over him. He remembered the first time he had taken Y/n out drinking at midnight and how he did the same thing for her.

He followed her advice, taking the aspirin and sipping the hangover soup. As he did, he couldn't help but smile at the memory of that night, of how much fun they had had together.

Feeling slightly better, Jungkook got up and headed out of his room. To his surprise, he found his parents waiting for him, their expressions disappointed.

"Jungkook, we need to talk," his mother said, her tone serious.

Mirae settled across from Jungkook, her expression a mix of concern and disappointment. "Y/n told me about last night," she began, her voice gentle but firm.

"You were drunk, chanting her name and mentioning someone named Hyunjin. What's going on, Jungkook?"

Jungkook remained silent, his gaze fixed on his hands. He knew he had no excuses for his behavior.

"It was Y/n's prom night," Mirae continued, her tone softening slightly. "And instead of her date, Hyunjin, getting her home, she had to bring you back. Why?"

Jungkook took a deep breath, trying to gather his thoughts. "Y/n has been avoiding me," he explained, his voice strained. "She's been distant, and I didn't know why. It hurt, Mom. It hurt so much to see her pulling away from me. I just got heavily drunk and crashed her Prom party."

Mirae listened quietly, her expression softening with understanding. "But why, Jungkook?" she asked gently. "Why does her distancing herself affect you so much?"

Jungkook hesitated, unsure of how to put his feelings into words. "Y/n is... she's important to me, Mom," he said finally, his voice cracking with emotion. "She's more than just a friend. I... I care about her deeply."