19

Goal : 100+ comments for next part

Jungkook's footsteps echoed through the empty halls of the Jeon household, his heart racing with a mix of anticipation and anxiety.

As he reached the living room, he saw his mother, Mirae, sitting near the fireplace, her posture tense, her face hidden from view.

Approaching her slowly, he called out, "Mom?" There was no immediate response, and Jungkook felt a knot form in his stomach.

He moved closer, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, trying again, "Maa?" This time, Mirae flinched, quickly wiping away tears that had escaped her eyes.

Jungkook's heart sank at the sight. He could feel her pain, her sorrow, and it pained him deeply.

Trying to guaze the mood, he said, "Ma, you're not setting me up on blind dates anymore, are you?" His voice cracked slightly, betraying the emotional turmoil he was feeling.

Mirae's bitter reply cut through the tense silence like a knife. "Have you left any scope for any blind dates to be set up?" Jungkook's heart dropped at her words, the weight of her accusation hitting him hard. "

"Why are you saying this, ma?" Jungkook finally managed to utter, his voice barely above a whisper. He took a tentative step closer to her, his eyes pleading for understanding.

Mirae lifted her head slowly, her eyes red and swollen from crying. She looked at him with a mixture of pain and anger, her voice trembling as she spoke.

"You kept going on these blind dates while lying to me," she began, her words filled with hurt and betrayal. "You never had any intention of even looking at any other girl, let alone marry them."

Her words hit Jungkook like a ton of bricks. He felt a lump form in his throat, the weight of his deception bearing down on him. "Ma, I..." he started, but his words faltered.

How could he explain himself?

How could he justify his actions?

Mirae's gaze bore into him, her eyes filled with tears. "And now you're asking why I'm not setting you up on blind dates?" she continued, her voice breaking.

"Do you even realize the pain you've caused me? The lies, the deceit..."

Jungkook felt a wave of guilt wash over him. He had never intended to hurt his mother, but his actions had brought her nothing but pain. He sank to his knees before her, his head bowed in shame.

"I'm sorry, ma," he whispered, the words barely audible. "I never meant to hurt you. I was..."

"You were what, Jungkook?" she exclaimed, her voice rising slightly. "You've disappointed me, Jungkook. Disappointed me, and your Haneul eomma."

Jungkook's heart clenched at her words, the weight of her disappointment crushing him. He could feel tears pricking at the corners of his eyes as he listened to her speak.