𝟒𝟏: 𝐀 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

INCORRECT PASSWORD!!!

I hit my fist frustratedly at the desk after entering the wrong password for the 3rd time.

I finally decided to hand it over to an expert and put the pendrive back in my pocket.

I glanced down at my phone again, to find no message.

She first messaged me that she's got a great news but now, hasn't replied from almost half an hour.

I wonder if she meant that doctor's message who told her to send the reports today.

I knew her because she used to be our family doctor before she moved out of the country.

As far as I knew, Vidyut didn't had any diseases or something. I didn't had much hope of finding out anything from those reports either.

I was able to accept everything when Sidharth told me that it was...Shaurya.

There had always been some times when some things pointed it out to him, but I was the one being blind in friendship and ignoring them all.

I was able to believe everything but the fact that he killed Vidyut. Listening to what Akshara had told me, he had grudges against me.

Even though it wasn't that I didn't talked to Mr. Singhaniya for Shaurya's father's company.

What he said in return was that I can't be emotional in business and his father's loss could be a big profit for us and refused to give a penny and I didn't had enough money that could be a help.

I told Shaurya that I didn't talked to him only because I didn't dared to let him know the evil thoughts of my own father that would only break him more at that time.

Whatever happened, he could hurt me. But there was no reason to kill Vidyut. And then, Akshara told me what Shaurya whispered her.

He. Did. Not. Kill. Vidyut.

But then who?

Still, all the accusations on me had been proven wrong after Shaurya had accepted it on him.

But then again, why was he still helping the real killer?

Whatever had happened, I wasn't dying from inside anymore because of a tiny guilt deep down in my chest that I killed my best friend. I did not.

It was all because of one person's belief in me.

Suddenly, the corners of my lips twitched as soon as I remembered Akshara's face when her grandpa was bidding her by, she wasn't looking at him only because he saw her unbuttoning my shirt.

"Sir?" A voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked up to find Mr. Sharma standing in front of me and it didn't looked like he appeared just now.

"Yes?" I asked and his face still remained shocked. He pointed out his index finger that slowly stopped at my lips.