𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

6 years later.

"Great job, Akshara! You were amazing in your first operation," remarked Dr. Mehta, one of our senior doctors. I couldn't help but smile widely before thanking him.

"Congratulations, Akshara! It was your first surgery, and we nailed it!" exclaimed Dr. Mishra, my fellow, as she hugged me tightly. I returned the hug, overflowing with excitement and happiness. In that moment, I would even hug my worst enemy.

"Akshara!" Dr. Vidhi, my closest friend here, entered the room and gestured for me to come closer. I excused myself from the conversation and hurried over to her.

She leaned in close to my ear and whispered, "Someone is waiting for you in the—" I didn't catch the rest of her sentence because I immediately sprinted out of the discussion area and headed towards the nearby room.

I told him not to bother but does he have to listen to me?

But right now I wasn't worrying about that and was running there excitedly to let him know I did it.

After waiting for this opportunity for so long, when I finally received my first opportunity to perform surgery, I was all set to deny because I couldn't have enough faith in myself.

It was also him who started gently and when I still denied, then turned it into a long hour scolding after which I finally agreed to it. 

I pushed open the door, running inside excitedly and even before I felt a pair of strong arms enveloped my waist, lifting me off the ground.

"Congratulations Doctor." He whispered gently pecking me over  over my forehead.

"You didn't even ask how it went.." I murmured wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Your speed and smile tells it or more like I already knew." He said again pecking over my lips and I giggled digging my face in his neck.

"Wait." I said moving my head from his neck and looking at him. "Why didn't you bring A—" my voice was interrupted by a soft voice.

"Papa, my pretty hands will start paining if I keep longer. Can I open my eyes at least now if you both are done?"

I gasped looking down beside him to find our daughter standing with her little hand hardly managing to hide her both eyes while her other arm was at her back, trying to hide the bouquet which was bigger than her in size.

"You again annoyed her, put me down!" I said lightly hitting his shoulder and he gently put me down.

I turned to Anvi, our daughter and knelt down to her with a smile, watching her lips in a pout.

"Wasn't it you to tell me not to kiss you in front of her?" He shrugged and I only noticed the slightest twitch at the corner of her lips as she always blushes at the name of kiss.

I did tell him, but that was when I kissed him expecting it to be a quick peck but he wouldn't let me go with his both hands holding me tightly by the waist while Anvi was literally late for her school and he had to drop her.

"Open your eyes baby, ignore your papa sometimes." She slowly moved her hand from her blue eyes and soon her small lips formed into a smile as she brought her other hand forward and handed me the flower.

"Congratulations mumma." She said softly before jumping into my embrace excitedly. I wrapped my hands around her back, standing up with my 5 year old in my arms.

"Thank you baccha" I said handing the bouquet in my hand to Arhaan.

"Go get changed, we have to leave soon." Arhaan said reminding me and I nodded looking at my ot wear.