Chapter 17

Haerin was there with her hands in her pockets watching the time go ahead like the cars on the Autobahn. 

She was waiting for Hanni frozen on the station bench who still wanted to feel bad among all those people frustrated and depressed by night work.  Haerin was honest in saying that her friend was in bad shape at the time.

  Not physically but mentally.  She had had great courage to call Haerin but now she didn't even speak to her.  The Alpha gave  at her her jacket trying to shield her from the cold but the girl always said she was hot and felt her throat burning. 

“Hyein called me” Haerin said, leaning her weight against the station lamppost as she looked down on the Omega's small, frail body.  Hanni didn't want to talk but as soon as she heard the name of her dear friend, her eyes lit up as she raised her head towards Haerin's eyes who knew this reaction well. 

"She wanted to know what happened to you" Haerin whispered knowing the story that happened earlier at the Omega's house.  The way Hyein explained it, the situation had gotten heated over time. 

Hanni was already furious about her ex, Kim Minji, but the Omegas in that party had new mentioned that name many times that her head had gone up in smoke due to those enormous quantities of alcohol already ingested before the whiskey . 

Incitement had led to hatred and hatred had brought her to the bar near the station but Haerin knew nothing else. 

Hanni couldn't bring herself to speak but the air was so calm that anyone who would have seen this scene would have thought that it could have been two friends chatting after a reckless and absurd party. 

"Hyein told me that you wanted to see Kim Minji" Haerin said but immediately Hanni silenced her by placing a hand over her mouth and turning back and forth exhausted and scared at the same time, "Don't say her name or she will come again..." she whispered in Haerin's ear as if such matters were a matter of state. 

Hanni knew Minji well: the Alpha was so strange and disturbing that she would have even followed her at the cost of an answer.  Haerin kept his mouth shut as if this would annoy the Omega even more. 

She seemed shaken and agitated by everything, making another noise would have made things more complicated.  Seeing Hanni like this was strange.  She had always been bubbly and lively.  Honestly seeing her like this made her sad, she just wondered what had made her so anxious.

  "I want to go home" Hanni whispered, clutching her friend's jacket around her shoulders to cover her clothes dirty with sex and fear.  Minji hadn't raped her, in fact Hanni had forced the Alpha to jump into the car and close the windows.  The one who had ruined her life was her, it wasn't Minji. 

Of course she was the one responsible for ruining her life but Minji was her own accomplice.  Hanni knew the Alpha better than anyone and she knew that her good was not part of her body. 

Haerin touched her shoulders gently, helping her to get up without haste and without fussing.  "Haerin, you are a good Alpha, don't ruin your life" she said, removing Haerin's hands from her shoulders and walking towards the station exit. 

Haerin wanted to follow her but waited for the Omega to stop near her car.  Haerin didn't know where Hanni had left her car, she hadn't said anything about what had happened before the Alpha thought anything imaginable had happened.  Hanni got into Haerin's car. 

"Take me home, I don't want to cry in front of a station" these were Hanni's last words before throwing herself into a terrible silence that she too was afraid of leaving that evening.

Haerin had stayed awake for the first time in math class.  The thing about her was that math was so boring that it didn't make her sleepy enough to tire her but it made her frustrated along with her thoughts turning towards her to Hanni.

  Last night it was also an emotional blow for Haerin to see the state Hanni was in.  Today she was strangely normal without her flashy and sexy clothes.  Her mouth only spoke and she didn't grab anything other than her school books and not, as always, some Alpha's collar or someone's arm to kiss.  Here was something she had to do with Kim Minji. 

Especially since nothing had yet been said about Kim Minji's sudden meeting outside her school in her car with three packs of cigarettes in her pockets almost as if she were planning to stay there for the whole day even though it was forbidden. 

The students had noticed Hanni getting out of Minji's car with a small nervous smile on her lips.  Haerin thought the situation was getting rather serious than she might have thought.

  So Kim Minji was really as good at manipulating people as they said, that's what Haerin thought.  Essentially Haerin thought that her Alpha had physically and mentally forced her to become her Omega again.  She wanted to know what the truth was, but Hanni refused to speak. 

As soon as math class ended, she looked for Hyein but instead found Danielle in a lively conversation with two girls, both of them must have been Betas due to their scent essence.

  'Danielle, have you seen Hyein?'  Haerin asked, approaching her with such indifference that it made the walls of the school fall: her friendship with Hanni was already impassive in the eyes of others, now knowing that the sweet and angelic girl felt friendly with Haerin sent their heads into smoke.

"Shouldn't she be in the cafeteria? The break should start soon," Danielle said, shrugging and hoping that she wouldn't ask her anything about the others but about her. Danielle wanted Haerin to be interested in her right now.

It had been a while since they talked, Danielle had made some friends and Haerin always ran away when school was over.

She wanted to spend some time with her like that time in the car, but the Alpha was too busy to think about anything else.