2

It's just after three in the morning when Jimin comes back to his small apartment, dropping his car keys on the table next to the door before slipping his muddy boots off his feet.

He pulls the box from his jacket pocket, smiling down at the trinket as he slips his jacket off and hangs it up, not caring about the rain dripping from it onto the floor.

He'll clean up the mess tomorrow.

Jimin walks to his own bedroom, setting the box on top of his dresser and opening it to look at the necklace again. He'll hold onto it for a while, knowing the woman will probably check pawn shops to see if anyone had been by to sell her precious necklace.

He has always been careful in not leaving any evidence behind when he takes things: wearing gloves and a hood, parking far away and walking, never breaking windows or doors to get inside, never taking longer than a few minutes in each house.

He is so careful throughout the entire process; he will be damned if he messes it up in the final steps.

So, he'll keep the necklace for a while, waiting a few weeks before taking a trip to another state to pawn the necklace. If the diamond and the pearls are real, he'll make a pretty penny from the treasure of tonight's adventure - much more than he has been making lately as not many people in the neighborhood he has been scouring are rich enough to afford anything worth stealing.

Keeping his gloves on so he doesn't get his fingerprints on it - in case police become suspicious and he has to ditch it - he stares down in awe at the beauty of the necklace.

It's almost as if it was designed to lure in anyone who lays their eyes on it.

After admiring his newest treasure for a moment, he closes the box, slipping the gloves off his fingers so he can shower and get ready for bed. Work comes far too early for his liking, especially when he goes on his nightly escapades, but he reassures himself that it will be worth it in the end.