5

Jimin's eyes flutter open, seeing the sun slowly setting just outside his window. After glancing at his phone's screen, he realizes that he took a three hour nap. He knew he was tired, but he didn't realize he was that tired after working Yoongi's shift.

Jimin rolls out of bed and makes his way into his kitchen, his eyes squinting in the light as he opens his fridge to find it empty.

He groans, knowing he's going to have to make a trip to the store so he doesn't waste more money on fast food.

Just as he slips his boots on, however, a knock sounds at the door that causes Jimin's ears to perk up.

He moves to open it, not checking to see who it is before he swings his door open, coming face to face with Yoongi.

"I brought food," he says with a small smile, and Jimin rolls his eyes before moving to let him in.

"You must've heard about how busy it was today," Jimin says, closing the door behind Yoongi as he steps inside and holds the bag of food awkwardly in his hands.

"I did," he says. "I'm so sorry, Jimin. I'm awful, I know. But this is my apology!"

He holds out the bag of food and Jimin takes it, pursing his lips as he smells the telltale sign of grease and burger meat - his favorite, despite knowing how unhealthy it is.

"I forgive you," Jimin says, shaking his head with the ghost of a smile playing on his lips. "But only because I'm starving."

"I knew you loved me," Yoongi says, wiggling his eyebrows as a laugh falls from Jimin's lips.

"Don't get your hopes up," Jimin says, moving to sit on his couch to eat his dinner. "Did you want to stay for a while?"

"I have to work at the ass crack of dawn," Yoongi sighs. "I'm on stocking duty tomorrow so it's bright and early at 4 A.M. for me."

"Yikes," Jimin says. "Karma came to bite you right in the ass, huh?"

"I'm sensing hostility, but I distinctly remember I earned your forgiveness," Yoongi says, a hand landing on his chest.

"Maybe if you took the job more seriously and stopped calling out to have one night stands with women you meet at the bar, they wouldn't give you the worst shifts," Jimin says through a mouthful of french fries. "But that's none of my business, I suppose."

"I smell jealousy," Yoongi says as he turns to open Jimin's front door.

"And I smell last night's sweat on you, but I was too polite to mention it until now," Jimin shrugs and Yoongi lets out a laugh.

"See you later, Jimin," Yoongi says, sending his friend a small salute before closing the door behind him, his footsteps fading down the hallway.

After Jimin eats and watches a movie on his television, he decides to take a shower and head to bed. Work, as always, comes far too quickly for his liking when he is trying to relax at home, but he knows it will all pay off in the end when he can finally live comfortably.

Jimin crawls into his bed, the blankets wrapping around him like a cocoon as his eyes close, hoping that tomorrow will be far less busy than it was today.

Jimin's eyes don't stay closed for long; he finds himself slowly sitting up and glancing around his room, eyebrow raised as he sits completely still.

Just a moment ago, he swears he heard a noise that sounded like a breath - like someone sighed.

He tries to brush it off, rolling his eyes as he figures it must have been a gust of wind as he lays back down, wondering when he became so paranoid.