15

As Jimin lays in bed, he can't help but to worry about his friend.

What if this thing starts doing things to Yoongi? It would be all Jimin's fault because he couldn't handle it on his own.

So many what ifs swirl in Jimin's mind, revolving around Yoongi's life and his own with all the strange occurrences tainting their presents - and possibly even their futures.

He doesn't notice the tear slip from his eye until it's soaking into his pillow. He wipes his face, trying to dry it until more tears fall, replacing the ones he just wiped away.

He doesn't know what to do. He can't just lock his door and feel safe anymore. Whatever is going on is something beyond his understanding.

It started out so small - so small that he didn't even realize it was something out of the ordinary.

The knocks on his window, which he was sure was just the tree branch, but now - after everything - he realizes that wasn't a tree branch at all. Not to mention the knocks he couldn't place that one night and the knocking on his door with no one on the other side of it.

The breaths: the one he heard and the one he felt. That was no breeze making its way into his home through a crack in a window he knows were all closed. He steals from people; he uses their ignorance and their carelessness to his advantage. He knows better than to leave any window or door unlocked when he is asleep, ever.

The footsteps. While he normally would have brushed off this incident and convinced himself that it was just his neighbors, he could hear the scraping of someone's feet on his floor, just outside his bedroom. Someone - or something - was walking in his living room that night.

The dropping temperatures and the feeling of always being watched. These two have been constants, and he can never tell if the goosebumps on his skin are from one thing or the other.

The sound of the bottles moving last night. Jimin finding the mess untouched this morning means it definitely wasn't Yoongi cleaning up the mess last night. Why would he come into the room in the middle of the night, knock a few of the bottles together and then go back to sleep without cleaning it up?

Yoongi's door being unlocked. Jimin knows he locked that door. Just as he makes sure his own door is locked, he doesn't want his friend to fall prey to someone like Jimin. He stays on Yoongi's ass about keeping his windows and door locked for that very reason. Though Jimin isn't a particularly good person, he still has people he cares about and people he wants to protect.

So, he made sure that door was locked when he left.

So why was it unlocked when Yoongi came home?

And the box with the necklace inside being left open. That necklace could change Jimin's life, and he has been so careful in keeping it safe and untouched. He knows he would never be so careless as to leave the box open for anything to happen to such an invaluable item.

Jimin is not careless. He can't afford to be.

His eyes slowly open, his tears still fresh on his cheeks as the gears in his mind begin turning.

All of this started happening after he stole the necklace.

Jimin sniffles, wiping the tears from his cheeks as he takes a steadying breath, trying to collect his thoughts and make sure that, indeed, nothing was amiss until the necklace was brought home with him.

Before Jimin can move to sit up, his muscles freeze in place when he feels something that makes his blood run cold.

From behind him, Jimin feels something move, as though someone has stuck their hand beneath his pillow to rest underneath his head.

Jimin holds his breath, his eyes squeezing shut in fear of seeing something he doesn't want to see. He doesn't hear a sound; he just feels that same overbearing feeling of being watched while the sensation of someone's hand beneath his pillow makes his heart pound in his chest.

2:16 A.M. is what the wall clock reads, but Jimin is too terrified to open his eyes, eventually falling asleep after the feeling of the hand disappears and his tears have long dried on his flushed face.