14

Jimin walks into his apartment, groceries in hand as he struggles to kick his door closed. After dropping the bags onto his kitchen counter, he moves back to his front door, locking it before kicking off his boots.

After putting his groceries away, Jimin decides to take a shower, feeling especially gross after sleeping on Yoongi's couch, which he assumes isn't as clean as he initially hoped.

After his shower, Jimin decides to clean his apartment more thoroughly than he usually does, hoping that the fresh atmosphere will lighten his spirits.

Whatever is happening to him, it isn't because of his apartment.

It followed him to Yoongi's house. He could feel it there, watching him just as it does here.

He shakes his head, not able to wrap his mind around the fact that he's becoming convinced there's some kind of ghost stalking him.

It sounds crazy.

Jimin does his best to keep things positive around him throughout the day, playing his favorite songs on his phone and opening the windows to let in the fresh spring air. He tackles one room at a time, doing everything from sweeping to organizing to even dusting - something he has never done in his life until today.

The sun begins to set and Jimin sits on his couch, angling himself to watch the last of the sun's rays paint the sky a mix of purples and pinks, quickly being replaced with the ink of the night sky.

Jimin's phone rings, and his attention is pulled away from the pleasant breeze brushing strands of his hair back.

"Hey," Jimin says as he sees Yoongi's name on the caller ID.

"You forgot to lock my door, asshole," Yoongi says. "Do you know how many valuable things I have in my apartment? Well, none. But still, if I did, they would've been stolen! Aren't you the one who is always on my ass about locking my doors and windows?"

Jimin sits with his mouth agape as he listens to Yoongi rambling about his door being left unlocked.

But Jimin knows he locked it.

"I did lock it," Jimin tries to say, but his voice barely comes out as a whisper.

Somehow, Yoongi still hears.

"Oh, so what? The door just didn't feel like being locked anymore so it just unlocked itself?" Yoongi asks, a soft rustling sounding in the background as Yoongi moves through his apartment.

Jimin bites his lower lip. "I'm so sorry. I swear I locked it but I guess I..."

Jimin can't complete the sentence because he can't think of a plausible explanation.

He locked that door.

"It's all good, man. I'm just busting your balls," he says. "You good to sleep at your place tonight?"

"Yes," Jimin says, no hesitation in his voice.

He can't let it get to Yoongi again.