8

Yoongi stares at Jimin with a frown on his face as he takes a sip of his beer.

"There was no cold front last night," Yoongi says after swallowing the bitter liquid. "What makes you think there was?"

Jimin rolls his eyes. "Because it was cold, idiot."

"No, it definitely wasn't," Yoongi argues, shaking his head. "I had my windows open all night because it felt so nice."

"That's a good way to get robbed," Jimin says, biting back an ironic smile. "And it was freezing in my apartment last night. How else do you explain it?"

"Maybe there's a ghost in your place," Yoongi says, wiggling his fingers in Jimin's face.

He smacks Yoongi's hand away. "Maybe I just had a fever or something."

"Stay the fuck away from me then, asshole," Yoongi exclaims, moving to sit in the barstool to his left, putting some space between the two men. "I don't want to get sick."

Jimin empties his beer bottle into his mouth. "I feel fine. I don't know, maybe there was a cold front at my place and not yours."

Yoongi laughs. "We live ten minutes away from each other."

Jimin doesn't answer, instead he stands and scratches his head, wondering why he felt so cold last night when there apparently wasn't an unusual cold front like he initially suspected.

"Heading home?" Yoongi asks, raising his eyebrows in Jimin's direction.

"Yeah, I don't want to get too drunk," Jimin says, sending Yoongi a small wave in his direction before making the short walk back to his house. He checks the time on his phone, groaning when he realizes he's stayed out until nearly two in the morning.

After the fifteen minute walk, Jimin unlocks the door to his apartment and steps inside, surprised to still feel the chilly air he felt last night swirling around the small space. He decides his air conditioner must be working a bit too well, and tries to brush it off as he slips his boots off and makes his way to his bedroom.

He stops in his tracks, frowning as he sees the box holding the necklace sitting open. He knows that he left it shut when he left, wanting to protect the precious item from any dust that could be swirling around the place.

He walks up to the box, heart pounding in his chest at the small possibility that someone stumbled across the necklace and took it, but his worries are laid to rest when he sees the jewelry resting inside the box just as he left it, beautiful as ever.

Jimin sighs, grabbing a small cloth he'd been using to handle the box to close it, staring at it for a moment wondering why the box would be open when he so clearly remembers it being closed.

After a shiver from the unusually cold air of his apartment brings him back to his senses, Jimin turns and goes to get ready for bed.