1 NEW MESSAGE

It's been almost an hour. I am still waiting for her reply. My eyes are peeled on the screen of my phone. Every tick of the digital clock heightening the beat of my pulsating heart. I try to form up some saliva inside my now dry mouth to wet my splintering throat. My hands fidgeting at the mere thought of getting a reply from her. The usual message tone reverberating inside my ears anticipating when it will actually ring. I sit patiently on my bed....staring at my phone without battering my eyes...or at least I try.

For the last 13 days, she has been texting me exactly at 2.35 am. It's always just a simple message- "Hi!!" I tried hard to fight the temptation of replying back to her...every time I would pick up the phone, type a message and then delete it. I just didn't know what she would reply in return. But tonight I just couldn't stop myself anymore. I JUST F**KING CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE! It's eating me inside. I have to know. I NEED TO KNOW! But there is still no reply!

I have thought a lot about it for the last 13 nights. I thought her phone was still inside her pockets. Hell...I know her phone was still inside her pockets when I buried her dismembered body deep beneath the earth. Her phone should be out of power by now. I even chopped off her hands and all her fingers! It can't be her. It just F**KING can't be HER! She is fucking dead! But who is texting me then? It's her number....it's the exact time I killed her....It has to be her! No! It just can't be! Did someone else find her phone? Did she.....

TING!! 1 NEW MESSAGE!

I snap out of my maniacal thoughts and stare calmly at the phone. I unlock the phone...holding it firmly in my trembling hands. I tap the message notification, restlessly waiting for it to open! Then I see it... a smiley face! A freaking happy smiley face! What the F..K?? WHO THE F..K IS THIS!

I freeze in my seat hearing the door squeaking open. F**K! The spare key was also in her pockets!!