Chapter 25: Trouble Rising

Three Hours Later~ Four o'clock

Stefan's POV
I'm outside in the back, sitting down on the swing set and thinking about Andrew, hoping to God he's okay, that they didn't hurt him. Tomorrow I am going to kill Silas and Dahlia, and this time, I'm going to make sure they stay in hell and never come back again.

I turn around when I hear footsteps behind me, and I see Elena walking towards me, so I roll my eyes and turn back around. Then I see her sit down next to me and sigh. I narrow my eyes in confusion and ask her "Do you need something?" She looks at me like Are you serious?

Elena answers me in a duh tone "I came to see if you were okay." I look down-- not looking her in the eyes, and say "I'm fine." She rolls her eyes and responds "I know you're lying. You could never look me or anyone in the eye when you told a lie."

I look up at her and ask in annoyance "Why do you care, Elena? Why did all of you come here?" She answers, as she gapes in shock and hurt "I care because you're my friend and we came because we want to help."

I snap at her "If we were really friends, you would have never shut me out the way you and Damon did. I made it clear to you guys I was fine with you two. I guess it wasn't enough. Not to mention, you called me a coward for leaving."

Elena responds in a regretful tone "I know Stefan and I'm sorry for that. I was mad because you were gone, I didn't mean to call you a coward. You are far from it. I never wanted to hurt you."

I laugh in annoyance while getting up and I snap "You know, I'm so sick of hearing that. "Never meant to hurt you". I'm so sick of hearing that! You know when I first confronted Greg and Gabby about it, they said the same exact thing. If you really never wanted to hurt me, then you wouldn't have done it or said what you said."

She says while getting up and walking closer to me-- we are an inch apart right now "Stefan please, I'm trying to make things right." She takes my hand into hers and holds it up to her mouth and continues "Just give me a chance to do it."

I remove my hand from hers then before I can step back, I hear a familiar voice ask "Stefan?!" I look towards the voice and go into shock and start to worry. It's Freya. She looks sad and heartbroken and I say "Freya, please. This isn't what it looks like." Freya runs away while crying. I run after her and scream in concern "FREYA, WAIT!"

I follow her inside and I don't miss everyone's confused face expressions while doing so and I follow her upstairs. She slams the door in my face and locks it. I knock on the door and try "Freya please, let me explain." Freya exclaims in sadness "NO! Go away!"

I continue "Freya, it wasn't what it looked like." Freya snaps "Really? Because from where I was standing, it looked like you were holding hands with your ex and was about to kiss her."

I sigh in frustration "Freya please, just let me explain. We were not going to kiss." Freya whispers in a pained voice "Stefan please, just go." I sigh in defeat and say "Okay. I will give you space, but you're going to have to let me explain eventually." I walk away and I hear her sobbing and I start to cry a little too.

I hear a soft little voice behind me ask "Daddy?" I look behind me and see Emmy, and she looks sad. I go to her and kneel in front of her and answer "Yes, sweetie." She asks in sadness "Do you and mommy hate each other?" I answer while picking her up "No sweetie, of course not."

Emmy asks "Then why are you and mommy fighting?" And I answer in a soft tone "Sweetie, parents argue. Mommy and I are going to work this out, okay?" She nods her head and I kiss her cheek. She kisses mine and rests her head on my shoulder and I rub her back while she's resting.

Gabriella's POV
Man the tension in this house is awkward. Damon keeps apologizing to me. Like seriously, if he apologizes one more time I'm going to end up screaming. But at least one good thing, my mom is back and she is just as loving and sweet as I remember her to be. Ignoring the fact she was a ripper.

My Aunt Dawn is happy about her little sister being back. After training, all they have been doing is catching up and bonding. Mom is proud of her sister because of how strong she has become and because of the two fraternal twins she has, Alston and Aiden. Mom "died" when they were three. They haven't triggered their werewolf curse, not yet anyway. During the fight they will.

I feel a little hungry and decide to go out and hunt a tiger. I inform them "I'll be right back. Imma go and hunt." Caroline says "I'll come with you too. I'm a bit hungry." I say "Cool!"

Kol kisses me and says "Be careful!" I roll my eyes and assure him "I will!" I kiss him again and then go to the woods with Caroline. She goes her way and I go mine. I see a tiger in sight and I see he is about to go after a deer, but I vamp speed to him and wrestle him to the ground, then I feed on him.

After I'm done, I go through the forest yelling Caroline's name "CAROLINE!? CARE?! WHERE ARE YOU?!" I hear a familiar man voice ask "Oh, is that her name?" I turn around and see I am surrounded by a lot of familiar vampires, but one absolutely stands out. Fredrick.

These guys are all tomb vampires. I hear Fredrick say in a snarky tone "Gabriella. It's been a while. And last time, you were able to take down most of us. That confused me, how you were able to take us down faster and stronger than your pathetic brothers. Then, after watching on the other side... I got it."

I ask in a feisty tone "Really? Well..." I go to attack him, but then two vampires come out of nowhere and start biting me on my neck and drinking my blood, making me scream in pain.

I felt someone take my phone and it was Fredrick. I see him text someone, then I felt a pain in my neck— and I know they snapped my neck, then everything went black.