15. A Friend in the Forest

Dedicated to mxalex for the support and the sweet messages! Hope I managed to rescue you in time my dear reader ;)

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors.

_______

Suzzanah's POV

I heard it. I definitely heard it.

My eyes left the large wolf's brown ones to frantically search the foggy vicinity, which now looked much clearer. But they didn't find the object of their interest there.

But I heard it, his voice!

I was still panting, but not quite as heavily, and my nerves were starting to calm down. And although my mind still felt greatly muddled, I was very much aware of the large animal sitting behind me, as its warm breath fanned my neck and its soft fur grazed my body.

My confused wide eyes returned to chocolaty ones that had never left my face. Where had it come from? I had been so wrapped up in my very own horror story that I didn't even notice.

Had any of that really happened?

I gulped and looked around again, not able to comprehend anything. I was so confused. What the heck was going on with me? Was I going crazy? I held my head in my hands, fisting my hair in frustration.

Why is this happening? What was that shadow? What was that floating figure? What is up with those creepy whispers? Who the heck is this Luna?!

I felt the wolf's muzzle against my hand, once, twice and then a soft sound. I immediately dropped my hands and looked at it to find its warm eyes looking...worried?

It kept looking at me with its intense brown eyes. There was something about this wolf's eyes that unnerved me. They were intelligent and knowing. Why did they look so human? But more importantly, why did they look so much like a particular human's?

As quick as I could I stood up, albeit unsteadily and moved away from the wolf as it imitated my actions and stood too. And my, my what a mighty sight it was. This animal was far too large for comfort. It pinned me with its intense gaze as I stared at it warily. It was like it was watching my every move, even those I didn't know I was making. I gulped.

"Y-you! What are you doing here?" I said, my voice coming out raspy.

I felt incredibly stupid to be asking a wolf that but there was a part of me that expected some form of reaction from it in reply. But all it got was a twitch of its ear. I gulped again.

"Wh-what's going on? I know something is up", I spoke, more to myself than to the wolf, "Is the CEO here?"

I was surprised when the wolf's eyes narrowed as though it understood what I was saying.

"He is isn't he? I heard him!"

Its eyes went wide and so did mine.

Wow, I wasn't expecting such an elaborate reaction.

The wolf almost looked shocked at what I had said. This animal definitely understood what I was saying.

But how...never mind that!

"Where is he?" I asked looking around, "Sir?" I called out, but got no reply.

I felt really silly calling out to the CEO knowing that if he did show up, I'd be gob-smacked and too embarrassed to say anything but right now I didn't care about that.

"I refuse to believe that I'm going insane", I whispered to myself, "I heard his voice and that means he is here!"

I cupped my mouth with one hand and called out louder, "SIR?"