39. A Proposition and A Prize

The phenomenal cover on the side was made by CelipsoWinter! Thank you doll!

Dedicated to ShadeBladez for constantly supporting this story. Your comments and votes mean the world to me!

A huge shoutout to aurora_valentina for your super fun comments and your enthusiasm towards this story. It really gets me fired up to write more! Thanks hon!

IMPORTANT NOTE: For all my younger readers as well as those who are uncomfortable with some intimate content, please skip the part between ~*~*~ and ~*~*~

This chapter is unedited so kindly excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

_____

Suzzanah's POV

Of course!...

Steroid. My Steroid. How had I not guessed?

I exhaled a breath of pure and utter joy as I covered my mouth with my palm in disbelief.

"Oh my God..." I whispered into my hand, unable to contain the smile that reached my eyes, lighting them up, "Steroid!"

"You really didn't guess", Zuerien asked again, his eyebrows rising in surprise.

"No!" I said excitedly, "Oh my God, Zuerien, that is...that is just-"

Unable to say anymore, I threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly, and he hugged back immediately. There was nothing I could say that could truly convey the depth of my feelings for him, for what he did.

That is just...perfect!

"Thank you Zuerien!" I told him from the bottom of my heart, "I can't tell you how much this means to me"

Pulling away, I looked into his warm brown eyes and lovingly ran my hand through his thick dark hair, "No one but my sister has ever cared for me so much. Its...overwhelming", I told him, feeling my heart well with gratitude, "Its...so nice"

He smiled gently down at me, his eyes brimming with affection while his hands remained loosely clasped behind my back, "Well, get used to it sweetheart", he told me, his voice filled with warmth and sincerity, "Because I plan on pampering you and spoiling you silly for the rest of your life"

I laughed and shook my head, "No...just stay with me", I told him, making his eyes widen infinitesimally, "Just stay with me. I don't want anything else but you"

An immense wave of immeasurable joy and affection washed over me, making my entire body heat up at the brunt of the feelings, his feelings.

"I'll always be here Suzzanah", he told me, honesty shining through his brown eyes, "And I'll never leave"

My heart instantly constricted with immense emotion, because I recognized those words immediately. They were the very same words I had said to him and Kai last night in my room.

"I'll always be here Zuerien, Kai"

"And I'll never leave you"

This man...he was perfect!

At the sight of me tearing up again, Zuerien immediately winced and his hands came up to my face again, "Don't cry sweetheart", he said softly.

"I can't help it. What am I gonna do if you say such heartfelt things to me?" I asked wiping my left eye, while he wiped my right one.

"Laugh maybe?" he suggested incredulously and I chuckled, "I guess most women just aren't hardwired that way", I told him sheepishly, making him cock his head to the side with a small smile, as his eyes roamed in my face.