19. The Odds

Dedicated to dolceaimer. Your comments can turn even my bad days into good ones! Thanks very much for the support hun! It means a lot to me!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors.

_______

"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives" - Grey's Anatomy

Suzzanah's POV

The happiness that comes from helping another's heart feel lighter is truly incomparable!

I had the biggest goofiest smile on my face as the bus took familiar turns toward the staff quarters. Mr. Penson was one who had endured a pain of having lost a dear one, much like myself. Even if it was just a little bit, I was really glad I could help cheer him up. But I also knew another person who had experienced the loss of loved ones.

If only I could have told Alpha Zuerien the same words...

What were the odds of that ever happening?

Alpha Zuerien Kai Royale

That name was like a switch to my insanity. Every time I heard it I'd find myself questioning the reality of my circumstances. Every time I thought about him I'd find myself very close to getting myself admitted in the closest loony bin. The man was a mystery to me, one of gargantuan proportions, and one that I wanted to uncover no matter what.

But every time I thought I was getting closer to finding out something new about him, I found myself a few feet deeper in confusion and up to my neck in new questions.

I got off the bus and made my way towards Wing B of the staff quarters while most of the other girls went towards Wing A. When I reached the door I turned my attention to the forest- the vast, thick, deep forest of legends and unexplained happenings, like the two ghostly figures that had nearly given me cardiac arrest.

Could it really be that that was all in fact just a prank...including the creepy voice? What were the odds?

I stood by the entrance deep in my world of incomprehensible events and I didn't notice the footsteps coming up to me. But when I felt a presence behind me I turned around and immediately regretted it when my gaze was met with an irritatingly familiar pair of icy blue eyes, which turned angry the minute they saw me. I groaned inwardly before putting on a fake smile.

"Hi, roomie"

My roommate's face scrunched up in distaste and she scowled at me.

"Don't call me that dammit!" she shouted and I resisted the urge to strangle her.

"Then tell me your name", I said in a bored tone.

"Get lost", she said walking past me into the dormitory as I scowled at the back of her head, then rolled my eyes following her in.

Maybe she is the one pranking me. I won't be surprised if that turns out to be true. But I don't think she'd waste that much time on me.

She went straight to the kitchen and took out a bottle of milk and a plate of cookies from the refrigerator before stuffing her face. I took in her attire, it was similar to the one I had seen her in yesterday- the bodyguard suit.

"So, you're the CEO's bodyguard?" I spoke my thoughts out loud and she glared at me but didn't answer.

I shrugged, "I'll take that as a yes"

"I'm a warrior", she stated briskly.

Warrior?

"What's a warrior?" I asked.