sixteen

Winnie sat slightly reclined in the library at school, running a hand idly through her hair as she sketched.

It was strange; her shining was coming in a more lucid state. She could still be fully conscious for small artworks, only a little distracted.

The paintings still made her focus deplete into glazed over eyes but somehow she was advancing.

In an odd way, it seemed that her time in Beacon Hills was helping her. Helping her powers, at least.

"Drama queen," mumbled Winnie as she finished the touches on Isaac's curls as he scratched his claws along a string of lockers. "Isaac, sweetheart," she sarcastically drawled in a quiet voice, "that costs the school money."

A few moments later, an annoyed Isaac walked into the library with Erica.

The curly headed boy stalked up to Winnie, giving her a ticked but still amused smile. "So what, you have super hearing now?"

"No, just a super set of pencils," retorted Winnie with a feigned smile as she referenced the drawing on her lap as she had her legs folded.

Erica glowered at her slightly, secretly envying Winnie and her wit. "Look, Jones. We dont have time for the love hate match between you two. Where's Lydia?"

"Why don't you go ask them?" Winnie questioned in response, pointing to Matt and Danny. "Maybe they know, because I sure don't."

Isaac, leaving with a click of annoyance that everyone noticed surfaced after his lab time with Winnie, approached the other table a few rows over. With Erica following behind him, he grabbed Matt Daehler and pulled him up from his seat. "Where is she?"

Erica looked over her shoulder, swearing before nudging Isaac. "Way to go, genius."

Winnie wasn't at the library anymore. She, in fact, was on her way to meet up with Stiles, Scott and Allison to get Lydia the hell out of harm's way.

But as Jackson decided to come along to protect the strawberry blonde, they were only adding more trouble to the mix.

¥ ¥ ¥

Winnie pulled up behind Stiles' Jeep, quickly climbing out as she spotted the others on the way to the McCall's front door.

"If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?" asked Lydia as Stiles practically dragged her up the porch.

With her bag over her shoulder, Winnie caught up with Jackson in the back. "Hey co-captain."

Jackson had to do a double take at Winnie, "Great, not you too."

As Stiles scrambled out a response to Lydia, the five made their way up to the house.

Allison leaned back to Jackson with a quiet voice, "Thanks for doing this."

"I needed to talk to her anyway," Jackson replied as they all filtered into Scott's.

The moment they were all inside, Stiles quickly did every lock on the door. After peering out the window, he found Lydia looking at him with judging eyes. "Uh...there's been a few break-ins around the neighbourhood."

Winnie bit back a laugh, having to look away to hide a smile as Stiles pinned a chair under the doorknob. 

"...And a murder." Stiles glanced around, seeing the looks that he was getting. "Yeah, it was bad."

Allison met eyes with Jackson, nodding her head to the side.

Jackson inwardly sighed before speaking up. "Lydia, follow me. I need to talk to you for a minute."